“Good pizza”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Old Fashioned Wood Burning Brick Oven Serving Beer & Wine
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Good pizza, nice little building with a brick fire pizza oven, very friendly workers that are always checking back with you. It looks like it always busy, but they do good job of accommodating people who come in. Must be a good date restaurant as there were quite a few couples eating.
After coming across some restaurants who don't really seem to care if you are there, they are nice here and thank you for coming. I would and will come back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,474)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

On a recent visit to NY to take in a play, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Capizzi. It is conveniently located near the theaters. The menu consists of only pizzas, salads, a few apps., and desserts. It is a small, very clean, authentic Italian pizzeria restaurant. We arrived around 6:00 pm, on a Sunday evening, and there was no wait. It did fill quickly, but there was still no waiting when we left. There is a large variety of pizzas made with fresh ingredients in a brick oven. We tried two different kinds, and they were thin crust and delicious. I feel the price of the personal pizzas and also the bottles of wine were a little on the high side. A shared cannoli was the perfect ending to a great meal, and was nicely presented.The decor is quaint and homey. and the atmosphere is welcoming and friendly.The servers were professional, helpful and pleasant. The pizza maker, who I believe is the owner, entertained two young children, by tossing the pizza and doing other tricks. He even gave them some dough of their own to practice with. All in all, we had a wonderful evening and would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Was in NYC for business and a co-worker recommended Capizzi. I am so glad that they did! The meal was amazing, we got the Loaded pizza which did not dissappoint. In addition the atmosphere is very welcoming and inviting. Top good food, good atmoshpere with great servcie and you have a definite winner. You cannot go wrong here. Next time I am in NYC I will definitely make a trip back here for dinner!

1  Thank MelindaKay2013
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place with good atmosphere! And delicious kitchen)hell yeah! Don't forget to check-in here via foursquare! See the specials

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Took in a pizza at Capizzi, a small-ish pizza restaurant in Hells Kitchen just around the corner from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. It was a real treat. We sat down to eat at about 6.30pm on a Monday and service was very speedy and attentive. I can imagine that later on/at weekends the place is a whole lot busier.

My son and I had a pizza and soft drink each and the bill came to around $45 including tips, which I felt was reasonable given the quality of the food and the location of the restaurant. The pizza was absolutely delicious. I did take a look at the wine list which looked expensive, but admittedly I'm no expert.

There is a limited desert menu which we didn't try, but the table next to us shared tiramisu which looked very good.

All in all a great experience and would recommended to anyone who looking for decent pizza restaurant.