“All pizza is compared to this”
Review of Capizzi

Capizzi
Ranked #104 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Old Fashioned Wood Burning Brick Oven Serving Beer & Wine
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“All pizza is compared to this”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wow, I am so glad we ate here. There are so many pizza places to enjoy in New York but this is by far one of the very best. The decor is adorable, very cozy and quaint. They actually keep their beverages in an old-fashioned frigidaire! The crust was amazing, the sauce was out of this world and the toppings were super fresh. It all went together perfectly. If you want a great pizza made to order, this is the place!

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beyond outstanding!!!! Flawless!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've first been to Capizzi, last year in a very short trip to NYC, I spotted back then since the location great, just behind the Port Authority, on 9 th ave and 40 th st., this is a great "new" area in new York, called "Hell's Kitchen". Last year I meet Andrea, a phenomenal guy with great personality and hospitality skills, classic Italian, going above and beyond for the guest!!, I had the best mozzarella pizza ever, and I promise to return soon.....So we did!!! We had dinner at Capizzi's every other night, they were always so respectful and super nice to us, with Marla, we really enjoyed the "Burrata", a flawless appetizer that has imported buffalo mozzarella from Naples, with prosciutto, olive oil artichokes and roasted red peppers and grape tomatoes, we knew about this great appetizer thanks to Lorenzo, a Sicilian great guy who was the best, friendly and so nice!! and after that we enjoyed a mozzarella pizza, with those san marzano tomatoes that gives the crust the best flavor. Ezequiel, maestro pizzero, genius!!! delicioso!! bravo!!! We also meet another guy called andrea, who soon would be back to cappizzi for good, we wish them all the best!!!
It's great to know that Joe has a great, the best, team at his pizzeria, everyday and night to take such a good care of patrons, and Andrea now has become the manager, he was the best!!!
We will be back soon guys, we love you all and we are happy so have found new Italians friends!!!
Flawless and outstanding!!!!

Chaska, Minnesota
“I have a new favorite pizza place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Almost makes me wish I lived in the NYC area so I could come here more often. The other reviews are mostly spot on. I had combination pizza #1 with pepperoni, portobello mushrooms, and onions. Quite possibly the best pizza I've ever had. The fresh and (apparently) real mozzerella cheese was excellent. The sauce was just right in flavor and quantity - I don't like an overwhelming amount of sauce. The only critique I have of it is that there was a little too much moisture from the onions that made the crust get just a little soggy. Next time I'll try the sausage and peppers. My bill came to about $21 after tax but before the tip (I only had lemonade with it). Considering I ate a whole pizza (I didn't intend to but it was that good) which was large enough to split, I was really surprised to get that kind of a price in Manhattan.

NYC
“"A Slice of Heaven in Hell's Kitchen"”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our experience started with our waiter Lorenzo. He was fantastic!! Very friendly and attentive!! We started with the appetizer special of imported mozzeralla/prosciutto/artichokes/roasted red peppers and tomatoes...(the best mozzerella we've ever had)! Then we had the smoked prosciutto/arugula/mozzerella wood burning oven pizza...delish! Our meal ended with the best cannoli and epresso! You can tell everything was fresh and homemade!! We cannot wait to go back!!!

Toronto, Canada
“Great little find just behind Port of Authority”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First the easy stuff. Capizzi is directly behind the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Just on the other side of the street. I wish I knew that ahead of time to save us a bunch of walking around to find the place.

So what's this little part of Italy doing in this area of wino's and guys peeing in the street? Who knows? Who cares? The food here is fantastic. The menu is mainly salads and pizzas and oh those pizza's. Ours was fantastic. Just a seemingly plain pepperoni, portobello mushroom and onion one. It tasted light years beyond the typical pepperoni pizza. As a matter of fact the pieces of pepperoni's (about 1/4" thick each) tasted more like really high quality chorizo sausage. Add those to the other ingredients and "that's a one fine pie". Seriously… this is a great find, especially if you're around Times Square and you don't want junk food or don't want to get ripped on price. We also had some home made sangria and a goat cheese arugula salad with a bunch of other stuff on the salad that I forget what they were. Suffice to say, both the salad and sangria were perfect compliments to the pizza. Enjoy.

Visited September 2013