Metro Apartments
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$188
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
SmithHotels.com
$346
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$223
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$351
$178
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here back at the end of April after looking at a number of alternatives. We were aware of the noise problem, but as we live on a busy road it did not concern us greatly. We were in NYC for 10 days and having the studio apartment with its kitchenette we knew it would save us money and it did. Happy with the cleanliness of the room which obviously had been partially refurbished but not too recently. The bedroom was really big compared to other rooms in NYC. I did find the wall "tiles" round the bath to be a little strange. They were in a sheet which was buckling and from cleaning the white was wearing off leaving the yellow base. Yes, the traffic noise from the buses was annoying, but it was not really really bad. The worst was when the buses backed into the parking area right behind the building and the constant beeping seemed to seep right into the room. Yes the corner is very busy with traffic coming out of the tunnel and we found the lights quite quick to change. We only needed the a/c on cool the last couple of days and it was not too noisy.

Being apartments there is not daily housekeeping which was a good thing because we could leave things as they were and not have to tidy up before going out. The negative about this was the amount of dust that came from the traffic and built up on the laminated floor. It was necessary to sweep almost daily or put up with a gritty floor and the broom provided was not the best. With a 10 day booking we were told we could ask for one complimentary service but we had to book it. We decided not to bother but just asked for fresh towels and more soap/shampoo etc. What did concern me the most was when about 10pm on about the second night there was a crash when the smoke alarm fell to the floor. I notified the front desk the next morning, the "janitor" came, tried to put it back up, it didn't work, he put in a new battery, still didn't work so he was going to call an electrician. Eight days later it still didn't work and when I asked about it it appeared obvious to me that nothing had been done. So if you are in apartment 7F check the smoke alarm. With regard to the homeless further down 41st we solved this by coming along 42nd and only coming back onto 41st near the apartments. Maybe it was too cold for many people to hang round at night outside the building.

Depending on what staff member is working, people coming into the building have to show their key but as I said it depends on who is on. Some obviously don't care. One of the ladies who seemed to be on most days attended to guests in her own time and if she was on the phone or talking to another staff member you waited until she was finished what she was doing, with no acknowledgement of your being there. One of the elevators was out of action a couple of times but did not inconvenience us and was fixed quickly.

There is a very handy diner on this corner almost directly across from the parking station beside the theatres and the Duane Reade pharmacy in either 8th or 9th Ave has a good food selection. There is also another drug store on 10th that has food. Lots of other restaurants around as it is the Hells Kitchen area. I mostly had access to the internet in the room.

Would we stay again, YES!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelenSteady
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I don't know who wrote those other reviews/or what there standards are but they fooled me! At check in I was informed that they don't have house keeping on the WEEKENDS and no room services and there is free wifi but it only works sometimes in some parts of the hotel which I was informed while I was being told that my payment was NON REFUNDABLE! There is no parking the guy suggested a place that "may" give a discount that turned into 65$....my fault again...and directed me to the room! Once I got up there it was NOTHING and I mean nothing like the pics posted on there website! Everything was prison size and prison white (white walls white sheets white bathroom) and the stinch hit me like a ton of bricks! The carpet is sooooo old that it smelled I had to go purchase candles so I could rest!!! Nothing is modern or updated like the pictures....everything in the room smelled and looked as if it came from flea market! The air conditioner was so loud I couldn't hear the tv unless it was on 55...to top it all off I woke up with a note under my door informing me that there's no late check outs if your not out by 11am that I will be charged 25$ per hour! The only truth was close to everything! They got me this time but will never get me again! With the lack of hotel amenities it should have been 79.99 per night....and I wouldn't complain but for close to 200.00 per night I got GOT!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 13, 2014

location is good - 5 minutes walk from bus terminal where we arrived from EWR, 10 min walk from Times square. But local drug addicts like to get together near the building, about 100 ft from hotel entrance, that made me feel uncomfortable. The room is nice and is clean, with cooking stove, pots and pans, dishes, etc.

Room Tip: Higher floor has worse internet connection - on 6th floor is poor, on 9th floor internet is not available
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sinichka1
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Lots of positives and a few negatives. The main positive was that it suited me and my husband down to the ground for a 6 day stay. Economical, we could cook our own breakfast and other meals if we needed to, we weren't hassled by cleaners (we were offered one clean in 6 days but declined although we changed our towels without fuss several times) and the room was large by NYC standards, well equipped, modern and spotlessly clean when we arrived. It was nice to have a balcony to walk out on and fresh - New York? - air to open up to though you wouldn't want to spend any time on it.

Another positive is the location though you do have to hold your breath on this one and get the bigger picture. The hotel is on a corner plot and it is a very, very noisy corner and hell to cross the road to get off it. However, once you are off the corner, you are in a great district with super restaurants and bars all around, ease of taxi finding, close to major destinations in all directions and actually a great neighbourhood. The corner is worse than hell, but you need to close your eyes, block your ears and get away fast.

So to the negatives. Yes it is noisy - read about the corner above. Get as high as possible and buy ear plugs. We actually found the traffic noise relatively passive buzz and could sleep through it. Worse was the aircon unit which clunked and shudder and screamed its way through life. This we couldn't sleep with so chose heat over noise. It worked for us but we were quite over-boiled by morning with the late June New York temperatures.

A minor negative was that they are clearly still in refurb mode and the room letters (for some reason not numbers) were marked with marker pen on index cards stuck on to the wall. Tacky!

We found the staff friendly and helpful but we were easy guests. We did witness several altercations between less easy guests and staff less than friendly and rather rude. They have rules, you play by them and they are nice but they don't go out of their way to help and they won't shift any boundaries for anyone.

All in all, I would go back.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Theodora M
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Room was clean and had a good size bathroom and kitchenette for NYC standards. Attendant at the front desk was very pleasant. Hotel is located near Amtrak but would not advise you to walk outside during the night. OK hotel for the discounted price I received via BookIt.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family