“Solid choice in a competative neighborhood” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Carbonara

La Carbonara
Reserve with OpenTable
La Carbonara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,140 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 7th Aveuue
Transit: A,C or E Train to 14th St. and 8th Ave., 1,2 or 3 Train to 14th St. and 7th Ave., L Train to 14th St and 8th Ave.
Description: La Carbonara is the perfect place to go to for Italian “comfort” food at a really good price. – eat well and don’t worry about what you are spending. Keeping within the traditions of NYCRG other restaurants, La Carbonara has a casual, rustic look, tailored to its surrounding neighborhood.
New York City, New York
“Solid choice in a competative neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stopped by recently by myself on the way to the theater and had dinner and a glass of wine at the bar. I ordered a beautiful buttterflied trout topped with almonds, a side of vegtables, and a potatoe. I also had a glass of a lovely rose. And was provided with a nice selection of breads and olive oil. The bartender was appreciative of my time constriants and served me promptly. For what i order the pricing was moderate and the quality was very high.

• Visited April 2013

Jackson Heights, New York
“Italian Comfort Food.....great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice and quiet with a group of locals watching black and white old school movies at the Bar TV. Excellent service and delicious food.

Visited April 2013
Centralia, Pennsylvania
“Big let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

After reading all the great reviews, I expected a lot more than I got. It took about 15 minutes for us to get waited on after we were sat. The bread/water guy knocked my boyfriend's water over and got my boyfriend's pants all wet. I picked up my soda glass to drink and the bottom literally fell out of the glass, causing soda to soak my shirt and pants. They said the glass was probably hot when they filled it with ice and soda, causing it to become weak. They replaced my drink but I was still charged for it. My boyfriend ordered the fettuccine and liked it. I ordered the spaghetti carbonara and didn't like it. It was very bland and unimpressive. Our waitress didn't check on us until after we were finished eating. My boyfriend has no allergies, but about 30 minutes after finishing dinner, he broke out into hives all over his face and neck. The atmosphere was cool but the whole dining experience just wasn't good. I won't be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ashley B
New York City, New York
“Good restaurant on the 14th Street wasteland.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

La Carbonara has been around for a few years. Honestly, I was pleased to see it still operational when I walked by today on my way home. I stopped in for a drink and an appetizer. I sat at the bar where the bar menu was available. There were a variety of options and I chose meatballs - $2 each. With this I got a portion of bread with ricotta in olive oil with seasonings. I also had a wine from Campania which was nice. On my way out, I perused the dinner menu which is reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013
Wimborne, Dorset
“Lucky to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a reservation at another local Italian restaurant near to our hotel, the Chelsea Pines Inn. Unfortunately, when we arrived, they informed us that we didn't have a table but we could wait. They were quite rude and we were left standing in the middle of a busy restaurant, unable to catch the eye of the bartender (she wasn't particularly busy) so we left.
We had a walk around the neighbourhood and chanced upon La Carbonara. They had a table at the back and were most welcoming.
On the whole, the food was really good and the service too. My one complaint would be the loud music. I often wonder if the music is meant for the staff or the customers; the staff I expect.

• Visited March 2013