“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #15 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Not only does this hotel have a fantastic location and the most spacious, comfortable rooms that I've ever experienced in NY, the icing on the cake has to be the complimentary breakfast. Loads of choice and the perfect way to start a busy day of sightseeing. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here next time I'm in New York.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Hebrew first
Byron Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel was great value for money and had some of the best staff I have encountered in a NYC hotel.

We asked for a quiet room and it was. Not a huge room aqnd a bit airless, but spotless and well laid out and central to everything.

Breakfast was complimentary but it was an eat on the run affair with everything in disposable cups and plates and people jockeying for the few chairs and tables.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room because it can get noisy facing the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Sevegne N
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We just spent 4 nights at the pearl hotel. i have been there few times and alwys glad to return .If you are in NYC go to this hotel, the perfect place to stay. the room is very nice, big and very clean!!!!! nice breakfast , happy hour at 4pm. staff are amaizing with a smile will do anything to help you . location perfect on time square.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank DORIT534
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel lived up to its expectations, staff were helpful and always went out thier way to make you more relaxed will defo be coming back to this hotel in the future and as it's right around the corner from Times Square it's brilliant

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Permjit M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

A hotel is just a building made with bricks and mortar, it's the staff that make the experience. What sets the Pearl aside from any other hotel we have stayed in (and there's been a few) is the staff , we were met with huge smiles and personality to match , and that was everyone we met from front desk to housekeepers. Sometimes a hotel is great in some areas and poor in others but not the Pearl, it's full marks on everything. We will be using this hotel again and again , only because of the staff and not because of location or price or because we got an upgrade to an amazing spacious room and a bottle of bubbly for a special anniversary . So a huge thank you to all at the Pearl , you really made our ten years more special than we expected.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Glasg0wCat
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We (3 adults, 2 kids) stayed at The Pearl Times Square last Friday evening, in 2 separate rooms, each containing 2 double beds. For each room costing $610/night before taxes and parking ($55), I was not impressed. There were pluses: great location for going to the theater, clean, modern, relatively quiet (we were on 8th floor), both fridge and microwave in room, plus Keurig coffee maker (very limited amount of K-cups though), nice bath towels, decent complimentary breakfast included on 2nd floor (if you don't mind sharing breakfast with a crowd & fetching breakfast items with some people who can be very rude), and the Philosophy bath products are nice.

However, that is not enough to justify the price. Also, I did not think the rooms were spacious as some people said (perhaps that has to do with the type of rooms we had). Bathroom was definitely small. Four Seasons rooms in NYC are much more spacious. The modern shower head was substandard & had very little pressure too. When we checked in, we were told our rooms were right next to each other (as we requested, but there is no guarantee); yet they were on opposite sides of floor, so it seems the staff might not know the layout of the hotel very well. The man who told us was apologetic, but remedy offered was not satisfactory. Nor did he mention we needed to request turndown (did not end up getting). Robes provided, but slippers need to be requested. We didn't bother, so I don't know how responsive they are. I would expect a hotel with their claims and pricetag would automatically do it, or at least remember to offer upon check-in. Concierge was adequate, but nothing exceptional.

I've stayed in hotels all over the world, ranging from the about the worst to the very best. My bottom line with The Pearl is that it's overpriced. The only way I'd stay here again is if the room was about 30% less. We feel gypped, and I'm taking time to write this review because I don't like others risking the same.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Michele S
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I just called The Pearl New York hotel, to ask about the breakfast hours. The person on the phone refused to tell me, he said that I would get that information upon check in. I told him I just needed to know when the breakfast ends, and he repeated that this information will be provided to you at check in. I pressed on, I said "why wont you just tell me?" He said he was not permitted to give this information over the phone. I explained that my friend is a guest in the hotel and I am trying to make a schedule, and He says for the friend to call down to the front desk to ask. I cannot believe their stupidity. This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever encountered in the entire hospitality industry.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business