“It has all been said before!”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #25 of 466 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“It has all been said before!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

A Pearl, fantastic, great location, excellent service and real value for money and so it goes on! The traveller photo's and the professional photo's all show it as it is. My wife and I were in New York to celebrate my "certain" birthday and the hotel was kind enough to upgrade us and provide a bottle of wine in our room on the actual day. The provision of wine and cheese mid afternoon each day is a welcome gesture particularly when the day's tourism is restricted by snow and sub zero temperatures! Let's not forget that the bed was incredibly comfortable too!

Everything you would expect from a hotel charging twice the amount but without the "stuffiness".

Well done The Pearl Management and staff, you deserve the rating and consistent praise.

2 Thank Mr_Meldrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wonderful hotel located a stones throw from Times Square! My family and I (3) stayed for 8 nights early last December.

The room was large, the beds were extremely comfortable and the heating worked fantastically. The bathroom was fitted with modern fixtures, the shower head(s) are amazing, the tub is huge and the Manhattan water is great! The windows are soundproof, so you only ever hear soft murmurs of the city that never sleeps beneath you. Our view was of 49th street, directly across from "The Book of Mormon" and next to "Chicago" Broadway Musicals, but with a hotel so close to the heart of Manhattan and only blocks away from the Rockefeller Centre, who needs to stay in a room admiring the views.

The complimentary breakfast on the 2nd floor serves cereals, yoghurts, fresh pastries, tea, coffee. juices, you name it really, perfect for a breakfast on the go! Housekeeping was fast and efficient, always restocking towels, fresh sheets and mini bar. The staff were always friendly and knowledgable, even finding us places to eat at 3am when the jet lag hadn't worn off. Checkout is at 12, which gives you an extra few hours in the morning to take in any last minute Manhattan activities.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a warm and wonderful stay in NYC and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tan808
Leadington, Missouri
Reviewed January 21, 2014

A very nice hotel for the price. Great value. Clean rooms that are very large for NYC. Excellent location with easy access to restaurants, shows and shopping. We felt very safe at this hotel. I won recommend to anyone that is looking for a safe and clean place to stay. 5 stars from me.

3 Thank pterygoid
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Traveled with a 24 y/o and 14 y/o and the hotel and staff met all our travel needs for our 1st trip to the city! We felt very safe in spite of coming from rural Florida. Thank you! The continental breakfast and the attached restaurant were very helpful, and staff helped with all requests, except the request for early check-in, but our luggage was stored safely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah H
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I'd read great reviews of the Pearl Hotel so my expectations were quite high when we arrived... And I certainly wasn't disappointed!

I could go on and on about how great this hotel is but let me just sum it up:
- great, friendly, attentive staff
- gorgeous, modern hotel
- complimentary breakfast every morning with toast, pastries, fruit, cereal etc.
- PERFECT location!! Right amongst the action in Times Square, but the hotel is so quiet, couldn't hear a sound in our room.
- We felt completely safe, my husband even allowed me to wander around and go shopping in Times Square on my own at night!

Overall, couldn't be happier with our stay at the Pearl and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again next time we're in NYC!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mel N
Ashland, Alabama
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Pearl for two nights earlier this month. From the moment of check-in to our departure, we were treated with warmth and friendliness by the staff. Our room was extremely clean and furnished with new and comfortable furnishings. Free internet was a plus, as
was the free breakfast and the free wine, fruit and cheese snack served each afternoon . The location is fantastic due to its' proximity to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, the Museum of Modern Art, and the subway going anywhere in the city. (We were also just a five minute walk to the Birdland jazz club, and a ten minute subway ride to the Blue Note jazz club in the West Village.) I highly recommend The Pearl. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I recommend a room as high as availability allows to avoid the potential for street noise. We were...
2 Thank John R
SOUTH AFRICA
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Have stayed in many hotels in NYC and it was my 1st stay at the Pearl Hotel in NYC.
This hotel is just as most reviews indicate ,wonderful rooms,service and location.
My husband and I arrived in the morning having travelled 18 hours . Our room wasn't ready unfortunately but the hotel did contact us when it was. Chocolates and Champagne were an unexpected bonus to celebrate our birthdays.
In Time Square with Chicago on Broadway playing right next door. Free snacks as well as an adequate breakfast. The metro is also nearby which makes getting around New York a breeze.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business