“Will come back!”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #28 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed at The Pearl New York and had a fantastic experience. The hotel staff is every bit as friendly and helpful as I read in reviews. The location is fantastic, just around the corner from Times Square, in the heart of the Theatre District. The room was very clean and modern with an extremely comfortable bed and amazing shower. The complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon wine hour are a rare find in New York. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and will be staying there again.

1  Thank Cathy S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,438)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband & I planned an overnight in NYC to celebrate our anniversary. I called several hotels to find out their rates and the parking garage situation. I was told THREE times by The Pearl Hotel staff that parking in Central Parking Garage around the corner was $22 for 24 hours. I picked The Pearl Hotel because that quote was the best around. When we got to the garage, and I had checked with the hotel to make sure I had the correct garage, we were told that they did not have that rate & that it would be $40 for 24 hours. We called the hotel from the garage & were told by the manager, that I asked to speak to, that NO ONE had quoted me that price! I told her I was told THREE TIMES that it was $22 for 24 hours. I told her I had picked their hotel based on the excellent parking rate. She refused to believe me & would not make up the difference in the hotel rate. They did however "upgrade" (not sure I believe it because #1 I had not seen a room previously & we reserved a superior king room anyway) and give us a late checkout. The postscript to this story is when we went to retrieve our car the next day with a validated ticket from the hotel Central Parking refused the validation!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Esther F
PearlHotelNYC, General Manager at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

In the spirit of customer service a complimentary upgrade was given to an Executive King room for the misunderstanding. There was NO misquote, the reservations manager handled this inquiry and quoted the correct rate for the parking garage twice. Upon arrival we were told to reduce the rate or else, that is not something we would do, we did not make a mistake. I'm sorry you did not give us a chance to thoroughly enjoy your special occasion with us.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Location of the hotel is great. You can basically walk to downtown and a lot of other places including the pier, all within 30 minutes if you walk sufficiently fast. Close to subway, theaters and Times Square. Hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and spacious enough. Free wifi which adds a big plus for my teenagers. Only one minor negative, the air conditioner in my room was a bit too noisy. It did not bother my kids though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent one night here while we stopped by NYC. Booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and the price was very affordable! We ended staying one extra night because we didnt get to see everything that we wanted to. The staff was very friendly at checkin but the staff that made our trip the best was the valet/bell boy. Every time we saw him, he greeted us with a smile. The onsite manager was also great, there was an issue with the valet company dinging my rental car and the manager stay with us the entire time we were trying to sort things out with the valet company. Everything ended being fine.
The room was beautiful, very spacious for a hotel room in NY. I loved the shower and the bathtub.
Overall, great stay and great staff!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Overall loved this hotel. It's small but nicely apportioned, and location couldnt be better. Rooms are reasonably sized, clean and very tastefully decorated. As a few other reviews have noted, the service is outstanding--friendly and really sharp. The only time they dropped the ball was breakfast, which consisted of bagels, muffins and yoghurt served on plastic plates. Will skip breakfast tomorrow, but will absolutely stay here again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel and the staff were great, especially the front desk manager Imtiaz Ali who helped us when we had an issue with the air conditioning in our room.
We stayed in room 1104 which was a spacious room and very comfortable overlooking the road at the front but any street was minimal and not noticed by us!
The continental breakfast was more than sufficient in the morning and the wine tasting in the afternoon was also a good experience.
The hotel is ideally placed opposite the Book of Mormon and next to Chicago and a 2 minute walk to nearest tube and time square.
The staff were always friendly and accommodating and the front desk was always well staffed.
My top tip would be to let the hotel organise a driver back to the airport, more cost affective and comfortable than a cab.
Great stay would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family traveled to NY over spring break to take in a Broadway show and do some sight seeing. My wife found this botique hotel, the Pearl, in downtown Manhatten, one block from Times Square. Turns out the hotel is right across the street from the Theater where the Book of Mormans is being shown so the convenience factor was excellent. Hotel is sharply and recently done, staff extreemly courteous, all in all the price is reasonable considering all lodging is expensive in NY. This is definitely a must stay at property! Wine and Cheese are offered between 4 an 5:30 every day and they have a free continental breakfast with plenty of pastry choices. Oh and of course, great coffee choices all within one block of the property. I mean a guy has to have his caffine kick in the morning. LOL.

Room Tip: All rooms are done nicely so not sure if one area is better than another.