“Eataly ...so aptly named!”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #247 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed April 23, 2014

No regrets going there ...was well worth it. Took a bit of a wait to be seated but their pizza was to die for. It was tasty and the crust thin and just perfect. BTW there is more to Eataly than just the dining because there are lots of Italian products on hand for purchase ...beats having to fly over there! Even the chocolate on offer is well worth a second look. :)
While waiting for your order they serve you bread with olive oil - one of the best tasting I have had. The price of our meal was much less than what we would have had to pay in Melbourne, Australia so I didn't think it expensive. And if you have to wait ..well, just bear it after all its not that they are slow ..its because there are so many customers who turned up before you. Go early!

Write a ReviewReviews (11,075)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have eaten the pork dishes here at the roasting area, and the beer garden upstairs. Wherever they get it from, it is the most succulent, meltingly good pork I have ever had and if you love the pig, you must try it. The beer garden has a great atmosphere, and the ceiling moves, so if it's a nice day, you'll get to enjoy it (you leave your name downstairs and then take the elevator up and they re-check your name, so no line skipping!). The wine bar staff is attentive and discreet, a totally different mood in the same location, so very versatile for your dining moods.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We loved the Italian grocery aspect & all the different mini-restaurants at Eataly (especially the Gelato one), however, we went on a Friday night & it was a madhouse. We went to the place with the shortest lines, which happened to be the panini stand. Overpriced & not that good, but I'd go again for the atmosphere & Italian groceries. I would not, however, go for the paninis. They had a great vegetarian spot & pasta spot that was uber popular. Shall return.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

It's been 2 years since our trip to Italy and we've been on a quest to find pizza that tastes like the 300 year old pizzeria in Naples. We found it! This is a must stop for true pizza lovers.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a wonderful place to visit and soak up the atmosphere - it was really busy and difficult to get a table but eventually we got a table that we had to stand at. The food was lovely and the wine but I felt that it was totally overpriced. I enjoyed the overall experience but I don't think it is worth the high prices charged. There is a roof top beer garden but we couldn't sit out on it as there was a heat wave and it was just too hot on the roof - it looked lovely but we couldn't face the temperatures.