“awesome pizza but pricey”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #10 of 452 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I loved visiting eataly. It was my first time coming to this establishment. I liked the environment I have never been to Italy but I loved how everything was from there and I felt like I was eating authentic Italian food. I enjoyed the pizza but I wish the middle of it was more done, but the mozzarella tasted so fresh and the crust was tasty very filling. My boyfriend and I also bought the gelato and it was very good! I loved it we ate the vanilla one, for 5 dollars they give you a lot of gelato. The espresso shot was 2.50 and there was barely anything, I am not really a coffee drinker, I thought it was very strong. I bought chips, pasta and chocolate from eataly and it was all very good. Overall the place is nice and I would return even if it is a little bit pricey but it is NYC so everything is pricey.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My business colleague arranged a drink with another business person and oh what a joy. The combination of so many different places all under one roof is a gem and each one seems to deliver great service albeit at a price. Next time I will venture round more of the halls but will definitely be back whenever I'm in NY

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Eataly is everything I love about a place.
Food , service, atmosphere , quality , quirkiness , culture was all spot on.
Can't wait to go again just sad I don't live in NYC so I can visit regularly

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I do not want you to think this is a horrible place, just not for some in my group. We actually came here because one of the couples in our group had been here several times and they love it. It is a rooftop restaurant/Brewery on top of the market below. Neat idea, but the Noise level was way too much and when we left I had a fuzzy feeling in my ears. The good points are the selection of beers. I tried two different of their crafted beers and both were excellent. They also had a large list of bottle beers available. Food was sparse for price. Well done steak, chicken, sausages were to be had, but no sides came with these. I am a vegetarian and we got a cheese platter to share and I had lettuce salad with a bitter lemon spritz. It was too bitter for me to enjoy. They bring bread and olive oil, but it was a bit slow in coming. Each couple paid 65 when split 3 ways, but we left feeling hungry, so it really amounted to a snack. This seems to be a great meeting place, you must have a reservation, There is no view, but you are on a rooftop. Our friends love it but we did not. Up to you to decide.

1  Thank Born_to_go61
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A visit to Eataly combines all the great pleasures of a trip through the Italian fresh market and a wonderful casual meal in a relaxed but bustling atmosphere. Shoppers can enjoy perusing all the wonderful fresh meats, vegetables, and cheeses while sampling with a glass of wine. Touche' But don't miss out on the pastries and other delicious desert offerings as you wander the aisles.
When the shopping is done choose from a variety of restaurants featuring Pizza, Pasta, Fish, or
or your basic Chicken Parm and a Caesar salad. (and for all you hangover fans no Caesar did not create the salad) All the restaurants offering good food at reasonable(by New York standards) prices. And of course all this from our favorite Italian restaurateur Mario Batagli. Mange!