“It is difficult to find good food in NYC”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #9 of 438 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Phoenix, Arizona
“It is difficult to find good food in NYC”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

For some reason I have a really hard time finding good food when I visit NYC. The popular touristy places are expensive or mundane. I don't have the money to eat in expensive restaurants. I like to try smaller, local places when I travel. Being a fan of Lidia's Italy on PBS I thought I would try one of her restaurants the next time I was in town. After feeling starved and subsisting on Starbucks for a couple of days, I was able to check out Eataly one evening after a business meeting. What a fantastic place! Yes, it is busy. Yes, you have to like everything Italiano. I thought it was wonderful. There are several places to eat within it depending on what your focus is. There is a beer place, a meat place, a fish place, a pasta place, etc. I selected the pizza, a simple, fresh, beautiful margerita for $14. Paired it with a $7 glass of Bastianich rose. I ate the whole thing and wanted more. So I topped off with a to go box of both tiramisu and gelato to eat outside in the park across the street looking up at the Flatiron building. I also bought a Mario Batali approved pepper mill as a momento for my home kitchen of a wonderful meal, at last, in NYC!

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Italian Wonderland...Go Early!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I visited Eataly on a Tuesday morning as soon as they had opened and I would highly recommend going at that time. I had the whole place to myself and it was wonderful to have the space to really look at everything and push my stroller around. It really is a wonderland of Italian goodies. I ate lunch at the pasta restaurant and loved the lasagna and glass of wine and the super friendly staff who couldn't have been nicer to me and my infant daughter. I stopped into the wine shop and had a nice chat about anisette with the staff there who were so nice, as well. I picked up a few odds and ends and the girl who rang me up was friendly too! It must be a fun place to work because it was nice, nice everywhere!
I couldn't wait to return with my husband so we went back the next day around 4 and let me tell you it was a zoo! Do not even try to bring your stroller at that time!
A must visit when in NYC!!

• Visited August 2013
Easton, Maryland
“What a Fun Spot!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

All the different vendors were just fun. We had lunch at the fish restaurant and had an excellent white wine. I had the whole fish! Yum!!!

• Visited February 2013
“Everything Italian”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you want a true eating and Italian shopping extravaganza, visit Eataly. It is the best indoor Italian market I have been to in the US. Start with a cappuccino in the cafe as you listen to Italian being spoken around you and then wander through the market. You literally can find everything Italian there and the aromas are incredible. Or have lunch at one of the 7 eating places - truly amazing. Enjoy....and ciao!

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“The place I miss most about NYC”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Imagine a place where everything Italy engulfs your senses.
Italian cheese, meat and other deli items. Freshly made pasta of every variety, wine by the glass as you take your times to choose items that you want in your shopping basket.

And not to mention your dishes being prepared and served directly in front of you. The most delicious, indescribable yet immaculate tastes that you would expect from the most earnest of Italian cuisines.A must go to for any NYC local or visitor!

• Visited August 2013