“A great "destination" in NYC”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #11 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was intrigued by the description of "Eataly" and had wanted to try it ! I recommend only go during the week. Even then, it is VERY BUSY!!! Easy to get overwhelmed. There are 7 restaurants here, plus, lots of other items to see, browse about, and purchase. Everything is from Italy, amazing selections of wine, pastas (fresh & dried), cheeses, cookbooks, beers, wines....just name it. WARNING: EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE & MUCH OF IT OVERPRICED!!!!!
We dined @ the Pizza & Pasta place. My son had meat filled ravioli in a veal reduction sauce. he said it was the "BEST" ravioli he ever had. I had a vegetarian pizza that was absolutely delicious. The crust was thin and crispy! Again, lunch was quite pricey! I also purchased some of their Italian chocolate to bring home. Lovely milk chocolate loaded with hazelnuts.
While there are many places to dine here, it really is a fun destination!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Huge and busy food marketplace with multiple restaurants amidst the grocery, meat and fish markets, etc. We ate in the pasta/pizza section. Started with the Salumi Misti appetizer. The small salami was a savory morsel you just wanted to last. The other meats of the appetizer were good, but a tad salty, which should be expected. I had the Tagliatelle al Ragu Di Manzo - fresh fettucini pasta with shortrib ragu. Oh. My. God. I paired it with a Rose wine, which was light and fruity - a delicious recommendation from our server, Massimo. My husband had the Paccheri con sugo De Mare - large rotelle pasta with seafood, white wine and parsley. same O.M.G. Again the server had the perfect wine recommendation. Terrific meal. =)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

everything italy, fresh off the plane, in an atmosphere and space only nyc could dish up, with a restaurant and a wine bar to boot. first place i will visit on my next ny trip

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ate at the bar at the fish station bec. of the crowd but we liked the freshness of the food, fast attentive service. Should have opt for another time to be able to sample everything! Bought pastries and some lobster tails and it was delicious.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is my second time at Eataly. My husband and I were there last year and ate at the pasta station...the butternut ravioli with sage butter was OUTSTANDING! Lydia's house red wine (Vespa Rosso 2009) was also excellent and the service was good. This time we ate at the fish and seafood station. Amazing choices and food! We had the sea urchin...the best we ever had. In fact, my husband wasn't sure he wanted it since he's had it before and it's an unusual taste, but this was the best either of us ever had. We shared the tomato-base fish soup, which was also really good. Then we had the dayboat scallops with gooseberries and baby carrots and a prosecco reduction that was outstanding. We also ordered a side of greens that were awesome. The server was also awesome. He explained all of the specials in detail (and there were a lot of them) and was very attentive. Unfortunately, we don't remember his name, but he was from Ft Lauderdale FL and has short light red hair. He was great!

As far as the rest of the place, this has a very big market with all kinds of goodies, including fresh pastas, cheeses, meats like salami and hams, breads, desserts, wines, and more...and at the cheese and salumi counter, they give you samples of what you may want to buy, to make sure you like it. We will be back again to try another of its many food sections.