“Best Korean BBQ in NYC”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Authentic Korean BBQ restaurant with Korean traditional cuisine including bibimbap and organic sundubu-jjigae.
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Have been to multiple Korean BBQ locations in the immediate surrounding area and in Brooklyn, Long Island etc. Miss Korea is consistently the best. Quick service, food, and usually a lively and young crowd. I've only gone as a couple, but their space seems convenient and amenable to large parties.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (613)

Reviewed July 18, 2016

Been here two times now and I really like the great service, the extremely tasty food and the very reasonable prices! Definitely worth a visit. I would highly recommend one of the set menus with Korean BBQ as that really gives you a real taste of Korea.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 12, 2016

The food at this place is great. We had the combo which was amazing and just a taste of each. The tables are great and it was the right temperature but it was SO LOUD. I guess some like it that way. The music was blasting over the TV which was blasting over the din. A woman and her two kids came in and left before they ordered because it was too loud. I really agree. Also, not the cleanest in the backend restroom area--although that is often the case with these restaurants in Little Korea.

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

I had the seafood BBQ. Lobster, fish, shrimp, scallops. Beautifully prepared with a ton of sides. Very good service. Server was patient explaining details and options. I would absolutely go back.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

I'm sure you can get a better bang for your buck in the area if you want Korean BBQ. However, my boyfriend and I were getting hangry and tired, and we just wanted to eat. So that's how we decided on Miss Korea BBQ.

Just as an FYI, they lie about their wait times. We were told 5 minutes, and after a few minutes, they sent us to their upstairs seating next door and told us 5 minutes again. We proceeded to wait for 15 minutes. This isn't a long wait time but I would prefer not to be lied to, ya dig?

Once we were seated, they came and took our orders pretty quickly. We went with the Love Set combo ($99.99), which had marinated short rib (both boneless and with bone), unmarinated boneless short rib, beef bulgogi, and your choice of a stew. They'll throw it on the grill for you but sometimes they take too long to come back and tend to the grill, so we'd take the meat for ourselves. Everything tasted really good but it was pretty expensive and the portions are small, so it wasn't really that worth it.

We also ordered some japchae, and the beef tartare bibimbap (which was basically just bibimbap with a few strips of frozen beef and wasn't that good overall). I really liked the japchae. It was probably the best part of the entire meal so if I ever come back and I don't feel like spending all that money to not be full, I would probably order this.

Date of visit: June 2016