“Great accomodation for experienced NYC visitors”
Review of Aloft Harlem

Aloft Harlem
Ranked #235 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been travelling to NYC several times and know how to move in the City with subway, busses, etc. So if you do so as well and/or if you don't mind travelling with the A-train (subway) to all major hot spots, I can really recommend this hotel! It is only one block away from subway station 125th street in a safe area. There is not much around to visit besides the Apollo theatre. The rooms are well equipped and relatively big; the quality of the facilities is very high including a comfortable bed. Wifi is complimentary. The rooms are quiet, but you can not open the windows. Nevertheless, the hotel part is ***** for me. Staff is very supportive and mostly very professional!
The bitter pill to swallow: Bar and breakfast are overprized. I skipped it and will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dils2003
Ashton P, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dils2003,

Thank you for your amazing review! You hit the hotel right on the nail! Safe, comfortable, and equipped are great words to describe our facilities. Harlem is full of activities and sightseeing, be sure to check with the front desk for places to go. There are ways to save at our B&F outlets like Green Choice or enjoying one of the daily specials at the WXYZ Bar. We look forward to your return and feel free to reach out prior for ways to save! Thank you and see you soon! Stay Sassy and Savvy!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Pros:

- Close to subway
- Diversified crowd, instead of tourist crowds
- Friendly front desk
- Staff very responsive to requests
- Modern decor, reasonable price

Cons:

- Not many taxi go through this area
- thin walls, so you can hear the neighbors easily
- music very loud on the weekend, so make sure you stay above 4th floor
- walls peeling, dirt on corners of the room

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank philotmsu

Philotmsu,

Thanks for your review! Our location and talented staff is one of our biggest amenities here at the Aloft Harlem. The affordability and style at a steal is also another plus. The front desk is always available to call a car service for you to take you where you would like to go. We do our best to maintain balance between our bar guests and hotel guests, with hotel guest being more important. Thank you for all your insight and we look forward to serving you again. Stay Savvy!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Truly the best asset of any establishment is its people - congratulations to the Aloft for having MALIKA FRANKLIN - we checked in at almost 2am coming from a late flight from Los Angeles, by far she is the most gracious front desk person i have ever encountered, she was very helpful, she answered all our questions,gave good directions, recomendations, she even printed out helpful materials to places where we were going. The next day she recognized me and asked me how my stay was. She is a GENUINELY WARM CARING PERSON making the guest feel welcome. Calling the attention of Aloft's GM - she deserves a raise. I will stay in the Aloft again just because of her.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Joeysy,

Thanks for your genuine review! Malika is the best, and has been with the hotel since day 1. She is one of our most valuable assets. I am glad that she made your stay more accommodating. She and I will be looking forward to your return! Thank you again for your outstanding review. Stay Sassy!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Aloft Harlem is a wonderful place to stay at if you are looking to explore Harlem and if you essentially don't mind commuting to Midtown every night. I really enjoyed my 2 night hotel stay here and I would recommend others to stay here as well.

The decor is trendy and I love the vibrant atmosphere all together. Check in was hassle free and with a warm welcome. The Aloft Harlem's grounds are clean and sleek which is really important for a first impression.

Our hotel room was cute and overall it was a great space, especially for a New York hotel so I was happy about that considering I was sharing the room with three other girls. I only had two complaints about the room which were minimal...

I didn't know that the hotel was pet friendly so when I saw a few stains on our carpet, I thought it wasn't as well kept as it should be for a 4 star hotel. Then I realized it was a pet friendly hotel and I figured the carpet stains made more sense. Hopefully all the rooms weren't like that because then I could see it being an issue. The other notation was that our bathroom door never fully closed so it was awkward at times using the bathroom. The bathroom light fixtures were also a little odd to figure out at first.

The location of the hotel is really great because it is not too far from the museum, shopping, the train station, and amazing restaurants. If I were to stay in Harlem again, I'd book at the Aloft Harlem. Well done Aloft!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Ashton P, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Alvisays,

Thanks for your wonderful review! Our location and size of our rooms make us one of the top hotels in the city. We cannot wait for you to stay with us again! Stay Sassy!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I checked in late one night with my friend after a long day of traveling...to be honest first impressions weren't great- kareoke in the bar (the singing wasn't so bad but it was pretty noisey) and the receptionist was singing away and chowing gum and was unable to help with a simple request...as a guest service agent for the same company this was disapointing as i knew the standards were not met! However, the rooms were very comfortable and had everything we required and could not complain. Fresh linen, towels and water when required as well as a friendly smile from the HSK staff each day!! I can't comment too much on the hotel as we spent most of the time sight seeing (as one should when visiting NYC!!) But location wise it was fine- subway was a block or two away and only 15 mins or so to times sq 42nd street!!

Hotel is great for location and the bedroom is perfect for coming home after a long day on your feet!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Euan R,

Thank you for your review! As you know, first impressions are lasting impressions. I’m glad that the rest of your stay was comfortable and pleasant and you enjoyed NYC. I hope that you stay with us again next time that you are in NYC, so that we can show you how excellent we are. See you soon, Stay Sassy!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I agree essentially with the main themes of the reviews so far. The room was large by NYC standards, well appointed, and clean. The shower was lovely. Personally, I prefer a warmer decoration than the somewhat stark modern one that they had but it was nevertheless not too overwhelming.

To me, this is a great hotel for a business trip and for traveling alone. However, for a romantic trip with my fiancé I would prefer the Upper West Side, Wall Street, or another more lovely area. I could not find a really great breakfast option directly nearby and the area was a bit dingy, albeit not dangerous.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a nice view and faced the side street, which I liked. I could imagine severa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Andre R,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad that you found other reviews useful and so happy that you decided to stay with us. Breakfast in the area is not plentiful, but there is Kitchenette Uptown, Sylvia’s, and Café Latte which provides great options for breakfast. We hope that you decide to stay with us again and try out all that Harlem has to offer. Stay Savvy!

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my short stay at the Aloft Harlem. The room was lovely and clean and the staff was friendly. My one complaint was that I could hear music and shouting from the bar three floors down on a Friday night. I wound up sleeping with the white noise app on. Aside from that it was great. I would stay there again, but ask for a quieter room.

• Stayed: September 2012

Theaquitaine,
Thank you for your beautiful review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your room and our talent and apologize for the noise. We try our best to maintain a level of comfort for our guest both in our room and in our WXYZ Lounge. I again apologize for the noise and hope that we can make your stay even more comfortable next time around. We are looking forward to you staying again! Stay Sassy!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New York City
#2 of 14 in Bronx
Morningside Inn
Morningside Inn
#442 of 469 in New York City

Been to Aloft Harlem? Share your experiences!