“This is a must when visiting NYC”

Central Park Bike Rentals & Pedicab Tours
Reviewed June 9, 2013

In what has now become a ritual for me, I try to make to time on each trip to rent a bike and then take a ride through Central Park. Usually I will ride for an hour or so and there is nothing like it in the spring. If you can swing it I highly recommend giving it a try. Not only do you get some exercise but you get to see one of the highlights of the city. The ride is fairly easy and you can traverse just about the entire park. Much better than taking a pedicab. Very reasonably priced as well. You can do it for under $20.

2  Thank Mikepoly
There are newer reviews for Central Park Bike Rentals & Pedicab Tours

Reviewed June 6, 2013

there are tons of bike rental places in NYC and the website names seem very similar, but be careful and take note. STAY AWAY FROM bikerentalcentralpark.com
They're dishonest and don't honor their refund policy. Lots of other reviews have noted poor quality bikes as well. This place is sketch. There's no point wasting your time when there are so many other options to choose from.

5  Thank jkim937
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Firstly your pretty much forced on to a bike the riders give you the hard sell and are rude if you say no , my wife and I just wanted to get from Central Park to the museum of art we ended up paying $100 for a 10minute ride. When we got on the bike all the other drivers/riders starting fighting each other for our custom (very intimidating as a tourist) NYC needs to do something to stop this happening .Get citibike to issue pedi bike licences and fixed fairs .Total con get a cab !

3  Thank CS45_13
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were having trouble gettiing a taxi to our restaurant which was 10 blocks from our hotel. A pedicab stopped and we thought it would be fun to ride one and surely it would be less expensive than a taxi since it didn't use gasoline. We got to the restaurant and when the driver gave us the cost we almost passed out! It was $88.00!!!! TOTAL RIPOFF!! We obviously took a taxi back to the hotel after dinner and it was $7.00....do not use a pedicab in place of a taxi unless you like throwing away your hard earned money!

4  Thank meelee
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a reservation for 3 hours. One of the delivered bikes had a rather flat tyre, so I asked the guy at the Bike Rental Central Park if he could fix it. Apparantly he gave the tyre all too munch pressure, with the result that the tyre exploded after 30 mins ride in the Park. We therefore had to walk all the way from the northern end of the park back to W 57th Street. Had it been a normal puncture I think I would have accepted it as bad luck, but it was obvious that the reason was to high pressure and/or too old tyres.
We carefully explained the situation and asked for a appropriate refund, but got the answer that they could offer us an extra hours ride or a voucher to huse within kone year. They were nerver understanding and not flexible so for us 3 hours payed bicycle tour was transferred to 30 mins.