“Horrific company.”

Marco Polo Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Boat was 3 hours late for new years eve cruise in New York. We cut our losses at 11pm after no sign of any boat and hundreds of people leaving. A complete mess reflecting a complete mess of a company. I'd be more than ashamed to work for this company. I sure as hell will continue to advise against this company.

3  Thank Daydreamt
All reviews
"baltic cruise"
"baltic cities"
"night cruise"
"shore"
"talks"

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I Had spent 600 dollars for my 13 year old myself and husband to go on the July 4 cruise on the Jewel Yacht in New York city. It was to be the highlight of our visit to NY city ..it became the biggest disappointment. We waited 1hr in the very hot sun in the wrong line before we boarded the ship at skyport marina..There were no signs for which line was for which boat and the staff were not helpful. We had bought platinum tickets but did not have any better seats or conditions than the folks who paid less.
The food was not edible and was thrown in the garbage by my whole family that could only laugh about how poor it was..rather than cry about the waste of money. We watched as many folks did not get a full meal due to tunning out of food. The soft drinks were watered down.... for my 13 year old and my husband do not drink... they did not offer anything special other than long lines for poor food and limited drinks.
The disc jockey was bad and we could not see the fireworks due to the cover on the top of the boat shielding the 80% of the passengers that were not able to fit along the rail at the back of the boat.
My opinion is that I would not waste 10 dollars to go on this poor cruise
Cheri

2  Thank bellevillecheri
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked with oncruises.com for the Fourth of July cruise on The Audabon. It was the worst experience with customer service that I have ever had. The ad is misleading and the cruise is nothing like it is advertised. I booked three tickets online. First, the cruise office called and said I had to purchase four tickets, not three. I refused, so they decided that three tickets would be okay rather than refund my money. Then I get an email telling me that I have to come IN PERSON and pick up my tickets 2-10 days in advance. We were flying into NYC from out of state and would not arrive until July 3rd. When I called to complain because that information was nowhere in the booking information, they were not sympathetic at all. By that time, they have their money and they do not care. They offered to have a courier deliver the tickets to our hotel for $50 which made me even madder. Finally, they agreed to let someone else pick up our tickets for us if I filled out the appropriate forms and faxed them to their office. I did this and they lost the forms. I had to send all the information to them a second time. When my friend went to pick up the tickets, she had to stand in line for over an hour due to their unorganization and everyone else being furious with the whole process.

Finally we get our tickets and go to the pier. ANOTHER DISASTER IN ORGANIZATION!!!! Everyone is lined up in 100 degree heat (one lady passed out), no one knows which line to get in, and then you stand and wait and wait and wait. One boat at a time pulls in and loads passengers. We were told to be there by 5:30-6:00. The boat did not begin loading until after 7:00. We get on the boat and go to our assigned table. The tables and chairs are crammed in so tightly that no one can get to their seats without moving chairs into the aisle. It was horrible! The food was okay but dessert was not served until right before the fireworks started. There were only two trays of pitiful cookies for the entire boat so I am assuming this was done so no one would think to go back and get dessert.

This was advertised as a cruise around New York prior to viewing the fireworks. Basically the boat pulled out into the Hudson River, went about ten minutes up to where the viewing area was going to be, and parked. The river turned into a giant parking lot of boats. There was no cruise around New York, no view of the Statue of Liberty (except in the FAR distance), nothing except being in the middle of many other boats all trying to maneuver into position. AWFUL!

Since we were the last boat to load, we were also the last boat to unload, so we arrived back 30 minutes after the posted time.....not good for some in our group who had to go to work the next day. By that time, we were ready to jump overboard and swim.

Do not waste your money with this company. There is nothing good I can say. Stay at home and watch it on TV.

1  Thank Disappointed55138
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I went on Independence Day Family Fireworks Cruise of New York Harbor on the Jewel Yacht. I got the tickets through Goldstar, so at least I only paid half. The whole point of this "cruise" is to SEE the fireworks. Unfortunately, the entire upper deck is covered in some sort of a tent, so only those who got there early enough to "reserve" places on the aft (rear) rail were able to see anything. The captain is not allowed to maneuver the boat as its final position is determined by the harbor police. Horrible DJ who blasts the same tape over and over again - so loud, I could not think. Not enough chairs - so about two-thirds of the passengers had to stand the whole 4+ hours. This "Jewel" is NOT any luxury yacht; a better description would be a floating bus. The food was OK (think school cafeteria) and they were generous with the drinks/booze, so that was good. Unfortunately, the stink of diesel exhaust was everywhere. Overall, I would rather have stayed home and sorted laundry. Do NOT waste your money! If you do go, remember to bring ear plugs for the DJ, a gas mask for the diesel exhaust, something to sit on, and a TV so you can actually see the fireworks.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We went on the Lucille New Year's eve cruise. This cruise offered a buffet, open bar, dj, and assigned tables (for a little more money of course!).
The organization from buying the tickets to getting off the boat was HORRIBLE.
I purchased the tickets over the phone. We live in Oregon and I had to jump through hoops to get around their "tickets must be picked up by 12/30" rule, but I did get the tickets a few days before we left.
When we arrived at the marina there were many other cruises (expected) with no signs or information posted. We got different answers when we asked the employees which line was ours. Eventually we just found the line with otther people with the same tickets. This was supposed to board at 8. I think that is what they told everyone on every ship yet they boarded them one at a time. We finally got on after 9:00 as we were the 2nd to last boat loaded.
Our table of 10 would NEVER have fit 10, and there was no way to get to the seats at all if people were sitting at the next table. Luckily 4 people didn't show at our table!
The buffet was mediocre at best, but I expected that.
The bar was FAR better than I expected. Great pours of high end liquor.
The cruise was really fun once we left the dock! But the rest of the process would make it hard for me to do more than once!

1  Thank Rebecca B