“Lovely oasis of home charm”

Two Little Red Hens
Ranked #3 of 401 Bakeries in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Went for desert after burgers at Stargate. The store is tiny and has a real homey New England feel, almost out of place in NYC. The proprietors are ultra friendly and the cakes are yummy. Try the Pecan pie, mmmmm. There are only a few tables, so you have to be lucky to get one. We were there about 20 mins and witnessed a steady stream of New Yorkers getting their cake fix; recommendation indeed!

1  Thank nujjer

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing little bakery hidden behind the 2nd Ave subway construction on 2nd Ave between 86 and 85 St. They make some of the best baked goods you'll find anyehere in NYC, with the cup cakes being parricularly good. If you like chocolate, try the Brooklyn Blackout cup cake!

1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed June 19, 2014

For our wedding celebration, we ordered the Brooklyn Blackout and the Carrot Cake. Holy moly, people went nuts for them. this is by far my favorite bakery; cakes are beautiful, moist and iced to perfection. well worth the money.

1  Thank ChantalUES
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have never been a big fan of plain cheesecake, I thought it was boring. Until I tried the one from Two little red hens, it was so delightful! The place itself is rather small, there are three or four tables, people there were very nice and helpful. I had a piece of cheesecake and iced coffee (they have beans from Irving farm) that was also lovely. They had also many types of cupcakes and my favourite key lime pie which I haven't tried, because my mission was their cheesecake, and a few other pies. I would definitely go there again! Be aware that due to current contruction on the street it might be slightly harder to find this piece of sweet heaven (or for hell for those on diet, it must be very hard to say no to these tempting goods, I haven't even tried)

1  Thank Chrysophylax_jp
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is too good. The fruit pies are amazing. The red velvet is made with cream cheese topping ( not that white other stuff) and by far the best on this planet

Tip--- around the holidays or if ordering for a dinner party --- order in advance!!! Otherwise you get whatever they have. They are super busy