“great cheescake”

Ranked #3 of 444 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed May 7, 2014

being in NY you want a taste of a NY cheesecake. This one was excellent as were the muffins and scones. Service is good and prices are ok.
We stayed at the Marmara Manhattan and this one was a short walk from the hotel

1  Thank mightygreek

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Living in the UES, this bakery is absolutely the best part of the experience. A delightful store with wonderful coffees and treats to soothe any sweet tooth. From cookies to amazing cupcakes, there's a sweet treat for everyone. The clientele is very loyal as evidenced by the octogenarians that seem to have been going to this establishment for years. It is pretty out of the way for the tourist crowd so that's not really an issue with accessibility. However, if your travels take you to the upper east side, do stop by for a freshly baked peanut butter chocolate cupcake

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I went there because we had heard great things about it and wanted to compare it with a couple of other bakeries we had visited. It's not a very big place but the first thing we noticed was the line of people ordering. Always a good sign. The cupcakes were easily the best we've ever had. The cake was moist and the frosting was not overly sweet. My wife wished for a little more. We also had the chocolate musse pie which was as good as any we had in France. This is a place definitely to go to and is an easy commute on the 6 train.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I ate by far the best cup Cakes in town. This Bakery IS not right in the center but if you are in the area it is definitely worth going.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

What's not to love? Out of the way for your average tourist, but a neighborhood favorite. I've loved this consistently excellent bake shop for over 10 years. I ordered my husband's Groom cake from here. Their chocolate chip cookies are divine. But my all time favorite is the red velvet cupcakes. Better get your goodies to go--not a lot of room to sit. But the coffee is good, too.