“Upper East Side Gem”

Ranked #3 of 434 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Living in the UES, this bakery is absolutely the best part of the experience. A delightful store with wonderful coffees and treats to soothe any sweet tooth. From cookies to amazing cupcakes, there's a sweet treat for everyone. The clientele is very loyal as evidenced by the octogenarians that seem to have been going to this establishment for years. It is pretty out of the way for the tourist crowd so that's not really an issue with accessibility. However, if your travels take you to the upper east side, do stop by for a freshly baked peanut butter chocolate cupcake

There are newer reviews for Two Little Red Hens

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I went there because we had heard great things about it and wanted to compare it with a couple of other bakeries we had visited. It's not a very big place but the first thing we noticed was the line of people ordering. Always a good sign. The cupcakes were easily the best we've ever had. The cake was moist and the frosting was not overly sweet. My wife wished for a little more. We also had the chocolate musse pie which was as good as any we had in France. This is a place definitely to go to and is an easy commute on the 6 train.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I ate by far the best cup Cakes in town. This Bakery IS not right in the center but if you are in the area it is definitely worth going.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

What's not to love? Out of the way for your average tourist, but a neighborhood favorite. I've loved this consistently excellent bake shop for over 10 years. I ordered my husband's Groom cake from here. Their chocolate chip cookies are divine. But my all time favorite is the red velvet cupcakes. Better get your goodies to go--not a lot of room to sit. But the coffee is good, too.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

To be fair, I live nearby so it's very convenient for me to come here, but I think this is one of the best bakeries in NYC. There is a lot of talk about the cupcakes, which are excellent (my favorites being the Brooklyn Blackout and the Red Velvet), but I think one of the best things here is the buttermilk biscuit. Scones are fine, probably my least favorite thing they make (although my husband really likes them). The pies and cheesecake are both very good as well. But really - the buttermilk biscuit, with a little butter and jam, is amazing - simple but delicious. Prices are consistent with other places in NYC (and its worth the splurge). If you come during certain times (ie, weekends) you'll often find it busy as it's a small space. There will be a line, and service behind the counter is not the most efficient, so you will have to wait for a bit (I think the most I've waited was 15-20 minutes - not that bad). But most good things in NYC have a line, and you'll be eating delicious baked goods soon so you can't be too annoyed. Worth a visit!!

1  Thank EWVA1512