“Cupcakes are fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Columbus, North Carolina
“Cupcakes are fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I went there because we had heard great things about it and wanted to compare it with a couple of other bakeries we had visited. It's not a very big place but the first thing we noticed was the line of people ordering. Always a good sign. The cupcakes were easily the best we've ever had. The cake was moist and the frosting was not overly sweet. My wife wished for a little more. We also had the chocolate musse pie which was as good as any we had in France. This is a place definitely to go to and is an easy commute on the 6 train.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Best Bakery in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I ate by far the best cup Cakes in town. This Bakery IS not right in the center but if you are in the area it is definitely worth going.

New York
“Great bakery! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

What's not to love? Out of the way for your average tourist, but a neighborhood favorite. I've loved this consistently excellent bake shop for over 10 years. I ordered my husband's Groom cake from here. Their chocolate chip cookies are divine. But my all time favorite is the red velvet cupcakes. Better get your goodies to go--not a lot of room to sit. But the coffee is good, too.

New York City, New York
“One of the best bakeries in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

To be fair, I live nearby so it's very convenient for me to come here, but I think this is one of the best bakeries in NYC. There is a lot of talk about the cupcakes, which are excellent (my favorites being the Brooklyn Blackout and the Red Velvet), but I think one of the best things here is the buttermilk biscuit. Scones are fine, probably my least favorite thing they make (although my husband really likes them). The pies and cheesecake are both very good as well. But really - the buttermilk biscuit, with a little butter and jam, is amazing - simple but delicious. Prices are consistent with other places in NYC (and its worth the splurge). If you come during certain times (ie, weekends) you'll often find it busy as it's a small space. There will be a line, and service behind the counter is not the most efficient, so you will have to wait for a bit (I think the most I've waited was 15-20 minutes - not that bad). But most good things in NYC have a line, and you'll be eating delicious baked goods soon so you can't be too annoyed. Worth a visit!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank EWVA1512
New York City, New York
“The cheesecake that someone asked me if I could have it again tomorrow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

(back story: I bring treats into my business daily for my clients to enjoy while we work together)

Brilliant New York cheesecake. This is the cheesecake you want to serve to your friends and family. I did go back a second time in the same week. Not a particularly friendly staff. Talk amongst themselves a good deal of the time you are ordering or waiting. A little condescending with their answers. I wanted to say , its your bakery, I have questions, but I held back. Such as when I asked what was the cheese in the cheesecake. I guess she didn't like that question. Don't ask too many questions, after all you are just a customer!

• Visited March 2014