“OK. Now I understand cupcakes. ”

Two Little Red Hens
Ranked #3 of 439 Dessert in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Melbourne, Australia
“OK. Now I understand cupcakes. ”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I always thought cupcakes were just small cakes. Whoop dee doo. But Two Little Red Hens changed my mind. Their cupcakes are a tad bigger than most, which makes the ratio of cake to frosting superb. The Brooklyn Blackout is so moist, I'm not sure how the whole thing doesn't fall apart. The peanut butter & chocolate is heaven in a paper casing. And the red velvet is divine.

But Two Little Red Hens will supply you with more than cupcakes. Their cheesecake is delicious: a crisp base and fluffy filling that isn't overly sweet. And the fruit pies are definitely worth a second (or third) slice.

The staff are nice, and will guide you in selecting the right item if you are overwhelmed by the choices on offer. Buy more than you think you'll eat. Trust me.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newark, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So yummy”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Very good cupcakes! One of the best of the city! I recommend to try chocolate and red velvet. Very friendly staff and cozy place.

Virginia
“Delectable Baked Goods”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

After a recommendation from a resident New Yorker, we tried this little bakery (currently tucked away behind some construction) and fell in love. We had a small feast on the mini-cupcakes! The Brooklyn Blackout was decadent and amazing and overly chocolatey! The partner was a huge fan of the Red Velvet. The pies looked amazing, as did the cookies. Can't wait to get back up to the city for a revisit!

• Visited November 2013
Paris, France
“WELL worth the cheese!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We visited this tiny little bakery (at present almost hidden behind a construction site) way out on 86th/3rd as we had read the reviews here in France; and it did NOT disappoint! The cheesecake, the finest and lightest I've ever eaten ( here inEurope ) I would have loved to bring a couple back with us, alas the long journey back would prevent it they told me, and preferred NOT to sell it us for the return flight (unfortunately understandable!) They could have not cared and just sold it to us, but I respect their honesty, very few places would do that!
They have lots of other stuff if you're into that (cakes,cupcakes) the scones were also delicious, it's incredible how they do it in that tiny space, but as said, super good!

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous Baked Goods”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Unfortunately, our apartment rental was one block from the bakery!! We stopped here every single night we were in the City. The Pumpkin Spice, Red Velvet, All American were fantastic. The coconut cream was just okay. I would not get it again. We went the morning of our flight and got a muffin for the plane that were both very moist too. This beats Magnolia Bakery by far in our opinion. The staff (who were the same people every morning and night) were extremely cordial, helpful and patient with all the customers.

• Visited October 2013