“Oh so charming and yes! Their cup cakes are amazing!”

Two Little Red Hens
Ranked #3 of 439 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
New York City, New York
“Oh so charming and yes! Their cup cakes are amazing!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I am a big fan of Crumbs for cup-cakes but today I happened to walk into this little bakery neatly tucked behind all the construction work going on for the subway on 2nd avenue...

This place oozes charm and is beautifully done up. The people at the counter are friendly and warm. I was looking for a "cup-cake" cake for my husbands birthday and found the perfect size. Picked up a Brooklyn blackout and it was awesome!! Soft, just correctly moist and in dark chocolate! The other cup-cakes and pies looked wonderful too - thought I would leave that for another trip - as this is just the kind of place that you would go to again and again!

The pricing seemed to be on the higher side, but with quality to match it - I am not complaining!

Appreciate the effort that they took to fit a big happy birthday message onto the cup-cake! Overall a great experience not only of visiting the place but also eating the amazing cup-cake - it sure lived upto it's reputation! Will return for sure !!!

1 Thank jigiindia

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Artistry at work!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Perhaps some of the most visually spectacular birthday cakes in New York City come out of this bakery. I have never seen such realistic flowers made from frosting! Their cupcakes are exceptional as well!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NYCtoEurope
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“OMG”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everytime I'm in the City I visit here. I ALWAYS end up taking home 4-6 cupcakes on the train. The Brooklyn Blackout is my favorite but I must tell you I have tried them all and not one has ever disappointed! They are moist and never too sweet. There is a small seating area but we always get them to go so we can enjoy with a GIANT glass of milk!! It's normally busy but they are very quick to get you through - especially if you know exactly what you want. The decorations on the little cakes are masterful...you almost hate to eat it!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Beverly T
London, United Kingdom
“Best cupcakes in NY”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Forget Magnolia. This is the place for the softest cupcakes you've ever tasted and some of the best cheesecake in New York. My favourite cupcakes here are the classic American and the coconut. Been three times and I'll be back. They have a few tables to sit in (always quite busy) or take out.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank angel290385
New York City, New York
“Only flipped over one item..”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

the blackout cupcake. Worth a trip just to try that! The other items, including cheesecake I didn't care for. The super chocolatey, moist cupcake I would return for!

Visited May 2012