“Beats any burger I've had in NYC”

Shake Shack Theater District
Ranked #237 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We like the Smokeshack burger without the sauce. Super delicious. They are wickedly efficient at getting the orders out at this jam packed location (as are all the Shake Shack locations). It can be a pain trying to get a seat, so we take our order to go and eat it in our hotel room. The coffee shake is outstanding, as are the fries - though we still got the crinkle cut fries - and according to the web site they've gone (or are going to) a new, hand cut fry. I never eat burgers and rarely eat beef - but every time I go to NYC, I eat once at Shake Shack.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Long line and wait and tough to find a place to sit, but I gotta say... who cares? The burgers and fries were fantastic. I love a good burger and Shake Shack is damn good. A must for a trip to NYC. Really, really good!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Love the burger-don't miss out on the great chocolate shake too! The first night we walked by and the line was a block long just to place an order.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

They may not serve the biggest burgers, but the combination of great tasting burgers and shakes at reasonable prices is why all of their locations are always packed. I decided to try the Shake Stack with is a burger patty topped by a deep fried portabella mushroom, and it is now my favorite burger! It is the ultimate mushroom burger! Another must-stop for us in NYC.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Yes the food is ok. But one of the guys there is the rudest staff member I have ever encountered. White, about 6 foot tall, dark hair. Don't give these people your custom. There are plenty of other great burger joints in NYC with fantastic service. Don't go near this place.

1  Thank katekatey