DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #364 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed on July 23 to 26 for 3 night. Booked from web agent. Flight was delay and checked in midnight. Front desk assign my room with twin bed for 2 person. Room and bed are extremely small. I asked front desk to change room and she told me was sold out. She says she can change room tomorrow for guarantee and will noted to tomorrow's manger (I told them I will pay for upgrade). I trusted that word. Next day, front desk said never got information and room is sold out. This new front desk person told me she can change room tomorrow (same explanation from yesterday). I asked for written guarantee and finally she checked computer told me tomorrow is sold out again we can't change room. This hotel service are all lie and no hospitality. I will never staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014
John B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and guestroom assignment of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations through training and hospitality. We have shared your comments with our front desk team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with service and room assignment. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Please feel free to contact me at the email address located below.
john.brown@hilton.com

John Brown

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was the perfect hotel for meetings in the financial district, but I would also consider staying here for pleasure. It's not far from shopping and is a 10 min cab ride from Time Square or a 25 min train ride.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed July 23, 2014

From start to finish this was an amazing stay my husband and I were greeted by the bell person Abrahima he was very friendly and helpfull, checkin was smooth and quick special thanks to Justina, Cinthia and Kemisha who made us feel welcome right throughout our stay, this is a great location for seeing the sights in Ny city, such as 9/11 memorial the wall street bull etc great breakfast, VERY clean rooms, OHH the cookies WHAT A TREAT !! I could go on and on but I won"t lol most definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not a bad location for Wall Street and access to The Statute of Liberty and Ellis Island as well as Federal Hall where George Washington was inaugurated as the first President of the United States. Also great open air restaurants close by on Stone Street.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Yes, the reviews are true - the elevators are slow, the front desk staff is less than enthusiastic to see you, and the views are really bad from lower floors. However, let me just say that the guys on the street were AMAZING! Upon our arrival they confirmed with me that the cab fare we were being charged was appropriate, and every time we needed directions, advice or even someone to complain to about the construction, they were there with expert (and accurate) information. I would definitely stay here again. The location can't be beat for lower Manhattan, and the attached restaurant is quite good (though service is pretty slow).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Veronica G, Guest Services at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the extended elevator wait time that you have reported as well as any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I would like to thank you for your kind words towards our bell staff; I will be sure to share your feedback with all our Team. Please, make us your hotel of choice, whenever visiting the New York City area. We greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are small but first it is NYC and hopefully your not there to stay in the room all day. Elevators took awhile but not a big deal. The only down fall was the shower took forever to drain but otherwise the stay was wonderful and definitely would stay there again. Awesome tavern right next door.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were staying down in the Financial District because of a wedding that was a few blocks away. The hotel is very affordable, the rooms are clean, the parking across the street was nice, and the staff is generally friendly.

All that said, the elevator situation is an absolute joke. It's a 44 story building with 3 half elevators. That means during busy times (see Sunday morning at 9am) I had to wait for 5 elevators to pass before there was one large enough for my wife and I (a combined 275lbs) to fit into. There were multiple instances of having to wait 7-9 minutes before a single elevator stopped at our floor. Adding to this issue is the fact that there does not appear to be a service elevator. That means all hotel employees must use these same 3 tiny elevators. I'm sorry, but it is not acceptable to have to wait that long just to get off your floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the extended elevator wait time that you have reported as well as any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I am glad to hear that you found our rates, location, and rooms appropriate for you travel needs. If there is any way that I can be of any service to you, regarding this most recent stay, or any future stays that you may have with us, please contact me at veronica.guerrero3@hilton.com and I will do everything in my power to assist you. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District. Thank you and have a great day!