“Great staff, great location.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #364 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great staff, great location.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went here for the weekend and enjoyed that we were put on one of the top floors. Only problem, around 10am the elevators take forever. A sign says up to 20 mins. Anyways, nicely appointed room, great shower, no sink space and very quiet. The subway entrance is steps away and it's in a safe area regardless of what hour you are out and about. I spend lots of time in hotels and this is one of the first where it's so clean, I woke up without a stuffy nose in the morning!

Room Tip: Tip the staff for their excellent service.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrkickit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Valley Stream, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great hotel in a convenient area. The rooms were very clean and the staff was wonderful. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was excellent as well. Most sites were in walking distance and the trains were close by as well. We will make it a point to return in the nearby future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Alberto N,

We are very excited to earn 5 stars from you in all categories! We strive to provide exceptional service to all our valued guests. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the tripadvisor community. We look forward to your next visit!
atlanta, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Check-in: I was asked for $200 S/D when I asked at the time of reservation would I owe a s/d and I was told no, but when I arrived, that changed, that'swhen I felt I recieved Reservation in-accuracy. Room location/type: I was given a H/C room with a twin/full bed, when my reciept showed I paid for a queen/king bed (2 of out the for nights I was irritated, until I was moved the next day, I was also told on Morning 3 pack all my belongings, and they would be moved immed. my belonging were never moved from h/c room to new room, until I had to raise hell again, then when my belongings were moved, the were moved to the wrong room, on the wrong floor). When I went back to the check-in (all i was told I'M SORRY ). Room cleanliness/housekeeping: H/C room water drained across the entire florr, I spoke to Manager, utility man comes, and says: "Oh, yeah this is what happens in this room", and laughed, I said can you bring 100 towels, because we are goona need them". Heating/cooling systems: dead battery in AC unit, resolved pretty quickly. Working order of bathroom: constant wet floor..(I hate a wet bathroom floor)........HORRIBLE! Hotel/Room maintenance: nice, and helpful. Internet connectivity: As I stood in the lobby, listening, & waiting for my issues to be resolved, I heard staff lie to guest about no free wi-fi...when most were told (due to the elevator problem wifi was free, (I was told when I made reservation wifi was free). as well as breakfast. Noise: teens on 27th floor running threw floor screaming ( I handled it myself, I knew I couldn't count on HILTON to do anything) Restaurant, In-Room dining/Room service: I recieved breakfast voucher, but when we checked-out, I was charged for what was given to me for free...(the matter was corrected, and I recieved ANOTHER apology)....SORRY ....... Billing/Rates: ok Staff (service, attitude, etc.) GERALD was great, if it had not been for Gerald, I would have packed, and transfered to the Marriott..... Other: I have always stayed at the Hilton in NY, for the past 7 years, I love Hilton, but. I will never stay at Hilton again, until I get a formal apolpgy, letter written with sincerity. I will tell all my family, friends, loved ones, Twitter, FB, Instgram, txt, and email all about my experience.... I know word of mouth goes a long way. I feel I was insulted, and treated like trash....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Monique W
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor member,

I have contacted you via email after you completed our guest satisfaction survey. I hope it was sufficient in answering any questions or concerns you had regarding your stay. If there was anything not covered in my email, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you for your time.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Vancouver, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

he dinner dining was excellent. Breakfast was not a good experience. I felt as though I was putting the staff out ordering from the menu and no one came back to refill water or check to see how I was doing. Room was very modern and clean upon arrival. The cleaning staff did not do a good job cleaning the room:they did not replace the shower mat or shampoo/conditioner. Also the coffee maker did not work and the air conditioning was difficult to control. My room was across the way from the elevators and heard dinging all night. The check-in was excellent. Very friendly staff. Over all good experience and great location!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Sandra J
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. The staff greeted us warmly each time we came into contact. The room was small, but extremely comfortable and clean. Very enjoyable. We got a fantastic price on Priceline and had a great experience. The staff gave us an early check in and had the air conditioning so that the room was very cool, which was really nice when we had been sweating in the cab all the way from the airport.

The subways in the area were not running on the weekend - so beware if you want to venture out! Perhaps this is only an issue for the time being due to service on the stations, but it was quite inconvenient. However, the location so close to Battery Park is fantastic and (during the week) the subway stations are very close and convenient.

Someone threw up outside our door on the first night, so when we opened the door the next morning, we nearly stepped into it. The staff had already seen it and were starting to clean it up. However, it took a few calls to get them to clean the doorstop...

Skip the hotel restaurant. We had dinner there one night because we were so tired and didn't want to travel far (not many good restaurants in the area). The service was terrible, even with only only two tables of guests (two people each) and about 2-3 staff members in the dining room. The food took forever to be served and my water didn't even get refilled. The food didn't taste good at all and they charged us more for the meal than what the menu had said. We talked to the server about the menu price and he disagreed. We didn't want to grab a menu and argue, so we just paid.

Room Tip: There are about 44 floors and the elevators are slow! Be prepared to take awhile if you're on a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The room was small but, but if you are alone, travelling for business, it will be fine. The bed was king size and very comfortable comfortable. There isn't much shelf space in the bathroom, but the shower was perfect.

The staff are very friendly. The bell hops would tell me "Good Morning" each morning. In the evenings, they would ask my how my day went. They promptly hailed a cab when I needed one. They also gave me directions without hesitation when I asked. For a small town Texan girl in NYC by herself for the first time, the bell hops made me feel right at home.

I didn't really care for the restaurant or the room service. The food wasn't all that great. The steaks were overcooked and the salads were always warm. Dessert was wonderful though!

The elevators are very, very, very slow. Apparently, they are working on them. One morning, I waited fifteen minutes for an elevator. I gave up and took nineteen flights of stairs down. Thank goodness I wasn't on the 44th floor!

Two tips: 1) Get a corner room! They are somewhat quiet. There are some rooms that are right across from the elevators. I honestly don't know how those people slept at night! 2) Get a white noise app on your phone. ;) You can hear everything that's going on in the hallway as well as in the room next to you. Luckily, I had a corner room, so I only had someone on one side of my room.

Room Tip: Get a corner room. They seem to be quieter. Get a room on the lower levels in case you have to tak...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear ashleyw889,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. It is our goal to provide a warm and welcoming environment to all our guests, and to make our guests feel home away from home; we are delighted to earn 5 stars from you on our service and room cleanliness.

I apologize for the waiting time for the elevators and I regret to learn that the qualify of food at the restaurant did not meet your expectations. We will address the issues to the appropriate departments.

Should travel bring you to New York in the near future, I hope our hotel will be your top choice again.
Reading, England
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was small but when it comes to Manhattan it's exactly what to expect. The bed was king size and extremely comfortable, and the amenities such as the tv and the coffee machine were splendid. The bathroom shower was fantastic and the room was nicely cleaned every day.

The location puts you right in the heart of the financial district a stones throw away from Wall Street and battery park. Even better is the access to the Staten Island ferry which is 5 mins walk away (do it, it's free!)

The staff are attentive and very friendly especially the bell hops and the warm cookie you receive on checking in is am absolute delight.

2 down sides. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive ($18 each plus tax) and the lifts are very slow to arrive. Longest I had to wait was 8 minutes. I would have walked but was on the 40th floor!

But it is well worth the stay, and great value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a low floor at the back of the hotel, or you'll be looking into an office block, and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear F1Pete,

It is very rewarding to earn 5 stars from you on tripadvisor. Thank you for the kind comments towards our staff, they will be so happy to read your great compliments. Your feedback is very motivational for us to continuously provide exceptional service. We are glad you found value in your stay, and we look forward to your next visit.