WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #358 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Gatineau, Canada
“Nice location to visit South of Manhattan and Brooklyn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree for 3 nights and found the location convenient to visit the south of Manhattan and walk across the bridge to Brooklyn. The hotel is also close to subway stations which makes it easy to go up to Times Square for Broadway shows. Room was spacious and clean and staff were helpful. Nice touch on arrival with warm cookies at the reception. Elevators were a bit of an issue (very slow coming to your floor, no matter what time of day) so you may wish opt for lower floors which makes it possible to use stairwells (which we did).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear LuceHenriette,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, and for your favorable review of our location, guest room size, helpfulness of staff members, and warm cookies. We do apologize for the waiting time for the elevators, however. We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back to the Financial District in the near future. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ocean, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

this was a great suprise ... a hotel i didnt want to stay at but when the door opened i realized what everyone says is true ... dont judge......i apologize i was wrong .... great staff.. great especially the late night sunday room service crew... i would recommend this hotel ... any day of the week

Room Tip: no pool.. so no lifeguard.... upgrade to a city corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear skippysnippy,

Thank you very much for your compliments towards our hotel staff; we are very happy that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. The AC/Heat unit noise concern will be addressed to the Chief Engineer and our Engineering Team will look into this matter. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to have another opportunity to be at your service again very soon. Best regards.
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

First time staying here and I loved it. Right in the middle of the financial district. Wall Street Bull and Battery Park steps away. Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was clean and priced well. Awesome hotel to stay at. Would recommend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank joeregistre
Dear joeregistre,

We are very excited to receive 5 stars from you! It is always a great compliment when guests find value in our hotel. Thank you very much for your time and business from Doubletree – Financial District. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to your next visit. Take care.
Midlothian, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed in the hotel on a recent trip to New York. I was arriving late and I was able to check in very late with no problems. I was handed a cookie and it was warm. I'm not sure what this hotel has with cookies, but I ate it the next day and it is a damn good cookie even when it isn't warm. I ate breakfast in the dine in area on the ground floor and I gotta say breakfast there is good. The first day I was there I had blueberry pancakes with real blueberries! Delicious! And the belgian waffle... You have to try it, you just can't stay here and not eat it. Everything about the hotel is first class. My only gripe is that there is no free wifi in or internet in the hotel. No free wifi includes the dine in area as well. That being said, I am considering staying in the Double tree in midtown, near times square the next time I have the ability to come back to NY.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Timothy C
Newark, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife broke her ankle within two hours of our arrival. No one could put us in touch with a doctor. There was no wheelchair available, nor was anyone helpful in trying to help us find one. We were in town for two nights. On our last day in town, we used the room office chair to transport my wife to the front desk lobby on the second floor so that she could say goodbye to family members. A young African American receptionist (name started with a K) insisted that I immediately return the chair to the room. I explained the situation that my wife had severly injured her ankle, and asked if we could please wait a few moments while my wife visited with family in FULL VIEW of reception staff. I was told that I must immediately return the chair to the room. 10 minutes later, I had to carry my wife upstairs, which was considerably more painful for both of us than using the chair. Her ankle was clearly bruised and swollen. I understand not taking furniture out of the room, but we were in the MAIN RECEPTION AREA, with an exceptional circumstance. I am apalled that anyone would show such a lack of compassion, particularly in a service industry. We were in town for a wedding, and did not want to create a scene or detract from the happiness of the event.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Germantown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I expect a small room in manhattan but this was extreme. The bathroom was so small there was nowhere to out your toiletries and the sink was a a very poor attempt to be modern but entirely impractical
The bed was shorter than any I have ever slept in and my feet hung over the end....!
Nice location and perhaps the high price is because of the proximity to Wall Street
There are better hotels
On the plus side the staff were helpful and pleasant

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Griffin, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Room was average. Lobby was small and crowded and on the 2nd Floor. 1st Floor had a restaurant and was very crowded to navigate to go outside. Only 3 elevators for 43 floors and were very slow. The staff was very nice be the lobby was way too crowded.

Room Tip: Great location close to financial district. Only major complaint was the small lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family