DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District
Ranked #364 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Great Hotel in NYC”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have a great stay here. They put me on the top floor.
A bit long to wait for elevator, but its still ok.
The room is small, but hey its NYC! HongKong is still smaller.
Stay here for business, and had to say, its kinda good place to start your way to wonder around the city.
Price is OK considering you are in NYC.
Will stay here again for sure

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Alexnjoo,

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us and other tripadvisor members. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. It is in a great location. Nice & quiet in the evenings & weekend. The rooms are small but clean. The staff are very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was good with alot of choice.

I would defintely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear T1bby,
We are very glad to know that our staff were friendly and helpful to you, and you liked the varieties of breakfast. It is our goal to make sure all our guests are satisfied with our service and accommodation. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and other tripadvisor members. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I find it hilarious that most of the awful reviews are written by people from Jersey, but I digress. I stayed in this hotel for two months on business last summer. The comments about the slow elevators, small rooms, and skinny hallways are correct. The property is, however, very clean. The staff, from the front desk, to the valets downstairs, to the housekeepers were all very helpful and friendly. The valets downstairs are particularly good at getting you a cab to the airport when NONE of the cabdrivers want to go to LGA. The hotel is fairly inexpensive for NYC, and is a good jumping off point if you don't mind using the subway. The financial district can be a ghost town on nights and weekends, but there is a little collection of decent bars and restaurants in a little cobblestone alley around the corner(right out of the front door, go straight until you bump into a building, walk around the building to the right, can't miss it). The room is small, but that's expected in NYC. I disagree with other reviews regarding the use of space. I think they did a pretty good job. My room couldn't have been over 200 square feet, but had a desk that I did use, a dresser, closet, queen size bed, and a pretty large flat-panel tv. The bathroom uses a pocket door, which saves on space. I will say that the sink is not female friendly, but my toothbrush and contact lens case fit nicely. My overall experience as a two-month resident of the Doubletree was a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall to the left off the elevator seem to be the biggest and quietest.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnF506
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear John F,
Thank you for choosing us for being your home away from home place for two months. We appreciate you recognizing our team members. It is our pleasure to be at your service at all times.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us and other tripadvisor members. Your feedback motivates our team to continuously provide an outstanding service to all our guests.
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel, the staff was also very helpful and kind. This hotel is nicely located as well, the subway is so close, and only take about 15 minutes to get to grand central station. NBD at all. I loved the neighborhood and have recommended the hotel to others. Was worth the money and we would stay here again, no question!

Room Tip: The pub right next door has awesome burgers :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear flying_whitley,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us and other tripadvisor members. We are very happy to know that you had a amazing time while staying with us and recommending our hotel to other travelers. We welcome you back to stay with us again very soon.
England
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for just one Saturday night. The location is pretty good - around the corner from the Staten Island Ferry terminal, Battery Park, and the subway that takes you to midtown. It was quiet on the Sunday morning that I walked around the area, but felt like I had the area to myself, and was lovely just spending time near the water. As others have commented, the lifts were slow due to one being repaired. However, this was the only downside. The staff were very welcoming and professional, and the room had everything I needed and was exceedingly comfortable.

Room Tip: Lower rooms may provide the option of taking the stairs rather than relying on the lifts
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear LSPLincoln,
We are very glad to know that you were happy with our service, accommodations and hotel location. Your feedback is very important to us, enabling us to continously maintain and deliver a high level of customer service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other tripadivsor members. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2012

So, I'm giving this four stars because the rooms were, well, roomy, the bathrooms a decent size, everything was clean and modern, and while it's a little tucked away, it's actually in a great location. For Manhattan, I felt it was a good value. I did have two major issues - you enter on the ground level and go up one level to check in, but frankly it was a little confusing which floor you were supposed to go to for check in. The doorman even said "everyone gets it mixed up". You knwo, a little sign in the elevators with "main lobby" next to it would work wonders. Second it took almost 25 minutes for me to catch an elevator one morning. There are only 3 for a 44+ story hotel, and in the morning, the maintenance staff was using them to go from floor to floor as well. Just a word of caution.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear KLSinNYC,
We are very glad to know that you enjoyed staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. We are currently working on improving the elevators to minimize the waiting period. Thank you for your suggestion concerning the lobby, we will loook into it. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this location for her Sweet 16 celebration. I am reviewing two days later.

Here is the run down:

~The location is fine for catching the 1 train and taxi’s into the “hotter” parts of the city. It’s off the beaten path which is fine, less crowds. With this in mind-in my opinion, it’s a great place for professionals, older couples and specialty stays. Clearly, anyone can stay and you’ll be glad you did!

~The left elevator was under repair but this wasn’t an issue for us. The other elevators were fine (about 5 minutes extra added to travel) and there are stairs! Plus you can only do so much about mechanical failures, ya know what I mean!

~The rooms were very clean as well as the linens. People call me a germ-a-phobe, so yeah, if I’m saying it’s clean…IT’S CLEAN. I loved this! After a long day in The City…it was a great relaxer! Again, off the beaten path so it’s not loud or crowded.

~We did in room dining and the food was decent too. Have the truffle fries & the sautéed spinach. It’s pretty good for late night hotel food.

~Lastly, I’d like to comment on the customer service. It was 5+ Star! These folks know how to do it; the smiles, the cookies, the printing of subway maps, the directions and more…just superb!! Even non-front desk hotel staff was super friendly; I love that!!! I’m coming from the south so it was unnatural to be unfriendly. When you come to a city that’s known for its attitudes, it’s refreshing to have some smiles!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SunshineGuzman
HGDT, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear SunshineGuzman,
We are very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and experience with our service and accommodation. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again when travel brings you to New York in the near future.