“Wonderful fun”

Pizza a Casa Pizza School
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a pizza-making class in NYC! You'll learn, you'll laugh, you'll eat, and you'll likely call it one of the most amazing culinary experiences you've ever had. Yes, you can make restaurant quality pizza in your home kitchen and here's where you'll learn how. Our 100% hands-on classes meet daily in the afternoon or evening plus we offer couples classes, team-building events and more. For more info, class schedule and/or to book visit our website.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wonderful from start to finish. Obviously based on long experience of pizza making, adapted to home kitchens. Good instructions. Very well organised. All our pizzas turned out very well. Great patter. Even the corny "dough" puns. Highly recommended for something different to do in New York.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been making pizzas at home for quite some time and what I learned in this class will be a game changer for me. The quality and amount of toppings, the technique for perfect NY style crust, and the simplicity of great dough (no it's not the NY water) all coverd in class by excellent, patient instructors.

This was such a fun activity for lovers of great pizza. The instructors are judge-free. Make whatever kind of pizza you like: basic or gourmet. The instructors are there to give advice and make your pie so much better.

Very worth the price. You won't be able to eat again for days!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really fun, informative, tasty 4 hours. My wife and I brought our 10 year olde, all had fun. 4 hours seems like a long time, but goes fast and you have to let your dough rise (yes you make your own with yeast from scratch). You can have a beer or glass of wine, decide what kind of pie to make. My best creation was the thin potato, with fennel sausage and sunny side up egg ...all world! Really tiny space but the terrific staff make it all work. Not cheap, 150 bucks a person, but very laid back, informative time. Would be great and unique gift for any pals that like to cook, or really like pizza.

1  Thank HClowd
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I can now certainly cross making the perfect pizza off my bucket list. Last year my daughter invited me to take a pizza class while I was visiting her in NYC. The moment I entered into Pizza a Casa I had a great feeling I was going to perfect my pizza and sauce
while glancing around the room with all the ingredients Mark and Jenny provided for this class. It was totally a hands on experience. To make it even better you do not need a pizza oven for this. You use your home oven and good quality pizza stone. Mark was certainly a fabulous teacher along with his wife Jenny who assisted him. From proofing the yeast to baking and then tasting my final results it was a fabulous and well worth every moment of this 4 hour class. If you are ever in NYC and want something fun and entertaining to do don't pass Pizza a Casa Pizza School up. The only thing you need to do is call ahead to see if there are any openings because this class fills up quite quickly each time they are offering it.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I attended today and had a wonderful time. Our class ended up lasting about 4.5 hours and it went sooo quickly.

Mark, Jenny and Mike are wonderful hosts and it was a fun way to chat with other students.

Each participant makes 4 pizzas (or less and takes the leftover dough home) and Mark provides the perfect dough recipe.

I would definitely rate it as a trip highlight