“Happy student” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizza a Casa Pizza School

Pizza a Casa Pizza School
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a pizza-making class in NYC! You'll learn, you'll laugh, you'll eat, and you'll likely call it one of the most amazing culinary experiences you've ever had. Yes, you can make restaurant quality pizza in your home kitchen and here's where you'll learn how. Our 100% hands-on classes meet daily in the afternoon or evening plus we offer couples classes, team-building events and more. For more info, class schedule and/or to book visit our website.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
egg harbor township
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy student”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My name is Vince and I am a chef in the atlantic city area. I took the class and I can tell you that it was not only a lot of fun, I can make the best pizza I ever had at home as well as at work for customers. I plan to open a restaurant sometime in the near future and will surely use Marks recipes. If you want to learn how to make great pizza and have good time learning, book a class. Mark and Jenny are the coolest!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank vince c

Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Experience and Best Pizza in NYC!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked a session at Pizza a Casa Pizza School for myself and my boyfriend on Christmas eve. Overall, it was one of the most fun and exciting things I've had the chance of doing in New York.

Let me start with the hosts, Mark and Jenny. In a nutshell, they are awesome. They are both loads of fun, humorous, in love with making pizza and most importantly, excellent at teaching pizza making and turning it into a rewarding experience for the students. Mark specifically is excellent at going through each of the steps and explaining the importance of every ingredient though he does this in a manner that does not make it feel like a classroom setting, he makes it fun! He also is very knowledgeable of the history of pizza which he shares throughout the class. The one thing I admired most about Mark was his love for what he does, making pizza, which was contagious.

As for the pizza making, all of the ingredients and tools (even the oven) used to make the pizza can be bought from any store. This is purposely done so that the students can go home and repeat the experience in their own homes. This was very important to my boyfriend as he is obsessed with anything that is called a pizza and wants to learn how to make a good pizza at home.

Lastly, the pizza. It is the best pizza you will have in New York hands down. My boyfriend and I tried various pizzas in New York ranging from thick american pizzas like Familigia to Italian pizzas including from the the very famous Italian restaurant Grimaldi's. The pizza was just amazing. What was even more surprising was that during the session, Mark pointed out common mistakes with making pizza that result in a less than optimal taste and a soggy dough. We were able to notice that many restaurants (including Grimaldi's) were actually making these mistakes, shocking!

Overall this was a very fun experience. The pizza was amazing, I can now make amazing pizza at home and we got to learn from great teachers and people; definitely something worth trying out.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Diala N
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Making perfect pizza....and I do mean perfect pizza!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a great way to spend an afternoon when visiting NYC. Mark, Jenny and Mike were all very friendly and welcoming. We felt very relaxed from the moment we walked in. They have a great set up and purposely using only equipment you have in your home. i.e. no fancy pizza ovens just an oven you have at home. The knowledge and enthusiasm Mark displays showed how passionate he was about us leaving feeling confident to make great pizzas at home. After attending this course you will question the need to buy supermarket pizzas as you will have the skills to make awesome pizzas at home. A revelation for me was the simplest tomato sauce for the base with such a great taste. One of the best things we have done on a trip to NYC.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Make your trip to NYC extra special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

What a fun and informative workshop! I had such a great time and not only met some really lovely people, but went home feeling like I can actually make a pizza at home. Goodbye lousy pizza! It was great and I'm looking forward to taking more workshops.

Visited November 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Perfect Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My night at Pizza a Casa was great fun and one of the best nights of my trip to NYC. Mark, Jenny and the team did a great job in putting over their enthusiasm about all things pizza. Not only was it a great night, but the skills taught on the night where simple and easy to understand and after being home for a few weeks now I can confirm that what you learn on the night works perfectly at home.

Everything you need to know is clearly put across. No gimmicks, or things you can't do with a standard home electric or gas oven. A simple dough recipe and technique that works every single time, even after being frozen! The easiest but very tasty pizza sauce. Great ideas on topping combinations. And advice on how to get that perfect crust. Saturday night is pizza night for me from now on. I wouldn't have believed how easy it was to make the quality of pizzas I can quickly rustle up at home now before doing this class.

I'd recommend Pizza a Casa to anyone with an interest in cooking and pizza. Worth every cent and as the bracelet reads "death to deep dish".

Visited October 2012