“Excellent experience - must do if you love pizza!”
Review of Pizza School NYC

Pizza School NYC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take a pizza-making class in NYC! You'll learn, you'll laugh, you'll eat, and you'll likely call it one of the most amazing culinary experiences you've ever had. Yes, you can make restaurant quality pizza in your home kitchen and here's where you'll learn how. Our 100% hands-on classes meet daily in the afternoon or evening plus we offer couples classes, team-building events and more. For more info, class schedule and/or to book visit our website.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Having attempted to make pizza at home before with varying results, this seemed like a good way to brush up on our skills, and a fun way to spend an afternoon in NYC!

The course is brilliantly delivered. You do get to try some pizza as you go along. It is quite pricey, however when you consider what is thrown in, it's not bad. Plus, depending on how much of your own pizzas you eat as you go along, you can go home with up to four pizzas each.

If you are in New York for a few days, and have a fridge in your hotel room, this means that you are sorted for that evening's dinner and lunch for about the next 3 days, thus saving you money and the hassle of finding decent lunch each day! You also have the pleasure of noticing other people's envious looks as they notice you eating pizza for lunch!

Since returning home, I've got all the equipment you need, which does not cost a huge amount if you shop around. You get instructions to take away from the course, so it is not difficlut at all to replicate what you learnt on the day. I can now make quality pizzas, which are arguably better than what you'd get in a lot of chain UK pizza restaurants, and I'm not being big-headed!

1  Thank Hammaker

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Don't leave NYC without visiting Pizza a Casa. The staff are passionate about pizza making and made the whole experience memorable. Only wished I had bought some of your pizza making tools while I was there.

1  Thank ClintP698
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We found Pizza a Casa on trip advisor while planning our trip to New York earlier this year. Reviews seemed excellent, although we were a bit unsure due to the price. My partner wasn't sure but I thought "come on - lets try it out! It'll be great to say we've learnt to make pizza's in NYC!" So we booked up for a class on 5th April 2012. The class was a mixture of couples and families, and the staff were immediately very welcoming and friendly. They were able to relax everybody straight away and get everyone chatting. The class itself was excellent. The class had a mixture of beginners (me) and those who had made pizza's from scratch at home already. Mark led us through the dough making process and then we got on to toppings! Mark and Jenny entertained throughout, combining stories from their past pizza making experiences, as well as informative teaching about pizza making. We were also impressed with the quality of ingredients supplied and helpfulness of Mark Jenny and Mike. (Jenny ... your oven coordinating is great! haha). We had a brilliant night and headed back to the hotel with a stack of pizza boxes. It made a great breakfast/lunch the following day! Pizza School was without a doubt the highlight of our week-long holiday in New York. I would recommend it to anyone. And those unsure about the price (as I was) ... go for it! It is worth every penny. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Mark and his team do a great job. Very entertaining, and recipes are easy to execute, even for the novice cook. If you're looking to do something in New York City - a definite must.

1  Thank Cisaacs1974
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Loved everything about this event. Mark and his team are very attentive and are by your side every step of the way. Results were delicious and steps easy to follow - some of the best pizza you will ever eat. With Mark's thorough insturctions, this is so easy to replicate at home - you will never order pizza again! The session wasvery well structured and the afternoon just flew by. It by far exceeded my expectations and is the best cooking class I ever attended. When in NY, this is a must do. PERFETTO!