“Fallon x 2”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fallon x 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I did stand by for Fallon. Get there early...like 6:30am and you'll still be the 5th person in line. Usually the first 20 or so get in but not guaranteed if the guest is popular. When you go back in the afternoon you can get monologue tickets pretty easily if you show up about an hour early. I did that and ended up able to go to the monologue rehearsal and the actual taping. Both were really fun and worth waiting in all those lines!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank spygirl55

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Planning a trip to the City! Request Tickets for Fallon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Yup! There are a ton of tourists at Rock Center and a great many touring the NBC studios. For a more "hands on" and fun experiance, on your next trip to the City, whether you are local, from the boroughs, or out of State or out of Country, I suggest that you email NBC to get tickets to Fallon! Even if you don't stay up late enough to watch the show, I'm sure you know Fallon from SNL, or commercials or movies. He is an amiable and quick-witted guy who defenitely knows how to please. Here's how the experience rolled:
Oh..and in a review further down, someone mentioned that the staff was rude. I digress. My son works for the show and the staff is extremely professional and they take their jobs very seriously. The pace is frenetic and hectic and staff must focus. Sorry you felt that way.
OK..so first of all, before we drove in, I went online to get discount parking tickets. The process of the show is a few hours so I suggest if you don't take public transport, find a reasonable place to park the car--once filming starts, you cannot leave the studio, so if you go to a kiosk, you will most likely be timed out.
Now--You go through the lobby of the GE Building and enter the Universal store (yeah, tsk. tsk. years ago, this grotesque Disney-esque store did not exist). You go up a set of stairs, and to to the desk to check in to receive your requested tickets. Do NOT forget your ID or you will not receive the tickets. *Caveat--we had tickets--there IS a standby area, but I am not knowledgeable about that. You will be told to return at 4:15. In the meantime, you can check out the rest of the building, go to Maison du Chocolat for some truffles, or even shop in the Universal store, or sit on a bench next to a huge window and people watch--you can even watch TV. The wait isn't bad.
Now--here's my only "They-need-to-get-more-organized" moment. There was some slight confusion regarding lining up to actually get on the ticketholders line. Nobody yells "PLEASE LINE UP NOW' ...and someone should be doing this. Most everyone had to ask a page if it was time to line up, That being said, the pages were all very nice and helpful other than this glitch.
Once we were on the line, we had to get into numerical order--a number is placed on the ticket of each party so now things get organized.
On the way to the studio 6-B, you need to go through a metal detector (we needed to do this for SNL as well--standard procedure), so I suggest try not to lug a lot of stuff around.
Once in the studio, you get a good hands-on view of how the show runs. The crew scatters around like ants at a picnic to make sure everything is perfect in a timely manner. In addition, the warm-up comedian really makes a great connection with the audience. He does the foreigner schtick...and singles out other good sports for a laugh--he singled out 'yours truly" because of my resemblence to the lady in "The Incredibles"--the character with the bobbed hair and thick glasses--it was a riot and he did a great job of warming us up and getting us worked up and noisy!
Then--OMG--the one and Philly's only Roots came out and did a couple of warm up numbers. Those guys are so amazing live-it was like getting a personal concert.
Steve Higgins, the announcer came out to give a bit more instruction and then......THE SHOW!!
Fallon is so amiable--and you get a better feel watching the reparte live then on TV. Kevin Bacon (yay!!!!!!!!!) was a guest, as was Elizabeth Mitchell from "Lost" The best guest was "Bababooee" from the old Stern show. He now has a show on VHI and he came across as the kind of guy you want to throw down a beer with and talk about old times for an afternoon.
Last guest was this rock group from Iceland "Sigur Ros"...I have to say, the group's music was very ethereal--reminding me of a cross between Emerson Lake and Palmer and Peter Gabriel--you old-timers will know who I'm talking about with the reference. The only issue with the band was that the acoustics in the studio could have been more fitting for this group. But it was amazing to watch the bands crew set up. It took quite a long time.
That being said, watching a show being taped is an interesting and fun experience--it is slightly outta the box from your usual touristy thing, but it's fun.
Honestly, I feel badly for those who found staff rude--and I feel badly for those who didn't like it..
life is a two-way street, and you need to be open to all experiences--especially when you are a tourist. So try to get those tickets--and have a great, great time!!!!

Visited March 2013
8 Thank jarona
Lucknow, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We called in October for tickets never got them.
Knowing we were coming March 15th we called in February thru March for tickets. Kept saying they werent available yet and are released 3-4 weeks before the date. Called again and again and then were told they were gone for the next 6 weeks.
Went to NBC for standby tickets March 15th and we didnt get any, we were told by the page outside we should come back for the monologue at 12, guaranteed to get in.
Went on our other tour, rushed back to get to studio and line up for 1145 and we were 12 people too many!!!
We love Jimmy but this is nonsense.
Why can't you book a ticket versus waste time, time and time again!
I have to say it was the biggest disappointment on the trip

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Kathi N
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved every minute of it! He cracks me up!! The guests were not the best but he still made it a great time! And the Roots rock!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible experience, crude staff, total disorganization”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent 2 days trying to get standby tix and monologue tix. Received a bunch of misinformation from nbc staffers. Was misguided where to go, where to wait, what time to arrive. Was talked down to by staffers, mocked by staffers, threatened by staffers. Just horrid. I finally managed to get a monologue ticket and the staffers passing them out said the words "guaranteed to get in". Showed up way in advance of arrival time shown on ticket and was turned away. I couldn't get a single person to escalate my complaint. Instead of getting a staffer to complain to all I got was a bully security guard who threatened to have me arrested if I didnt leave. They did the same to an elderly couple. So sad. Such bullsit. Reading past complaints you think they would work on improving ticket and communication process, but seems they could care less. It is a shame too, bc many like myself spend long hours in line to support the nbc show/brand to be treated so poorly. Everyone in nyc is friendly despite reputation except nbc staffers. NBC should be whole heartedly ashamed of the process and make changes. One could clearly take them to court for not honoring the ticket if they arent upholding the terms. I can understand not guaranteed but then having conflicting terms like the location and time,coupled with staffers verbal guarantee places them in a gray area in legal terms. I for one will never watch Jimmy Fallon again. I make that promise. If I am as angry as others appear to be then the power in numbers will eventually matter. Thanks for ruining what was a great vacation.!

5 Thank ZoneMega