Element New York Times Square West
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$193
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$255
$239
Westin.com
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$331
$297
4,448 results
All reviewsfree breakfasttimes squarefull size fridgebagelsnew yorkport authoritystove topfree happy hourmini kitchenevening receptionsmall kitchenettelower floorrooftop terracepenn stationthe breakfast areacoffee makerhell's kitchen
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Check-in for this hotel begins at 3:00pm. I arrived at the hotel just after 4:00pm. The front desk person said my room was still being serviced but that it would be ready in 15 minutes. She asked me to have a seat and that she would come get me once the room was ready. I waited 45 minutes before going back up to the front desk to ask about my room. The person that assisted me earlier was not there but I told this new person that my room was supposed to be ready in 15 minutes but 45 minutes had passed. She apologized and said the room was ready. No additional compensation, just an apology for having wasted 30 minutes of my time. Upgrade my room, give me a free drink, throw me some extra Starwoods points, or offer me something. At least attempt to make up for this mistake.

1. I expect to be able to check-in at 3pm. I understand sometimes a hotel is busy and previous guests might be checking out later than expected so not that big of a deal.
2. If you tell me 15 minutes I expect 15 minutes. Don't quote me an earlier time frame and hope that it's ready by then. Quote me a very realistic time frame. Under promise and over deliver. However, I have no idea if the room was ready within 15 minutes so I can't get too mad about this.
3. This is the biggest mistake. If you tell me you're going to come get me when the room is ready then do it. Don't make me wait 3 times as long as you promised and then force me to come up to check on the room availability.
4. Finally, at least attempt to make up for it. You probably can't offer anything that will fully make up for the mistake but at least try. Show that you care and that you're genuinely sorry. Actions speak louder than words.

Other than this the hotel fit my needs fine: good location and clean room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Billy K
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had read the reviews prior to our stay, long delays with lifts and check in. We arrived earlier than the allocated check in time, we were told that there would be a short wait, we sat and had coffee in the lounge, the room was then ready. On the 27th floor and the pillows we required were there. Throughout our stay we never had a problem with the lifts, there are three which is more than some hotels, the longest we waited was 2-3 minutes. The breakfast offered by the hotel was very good along with the evening nibbles. As SPG members we took advantage of the late check out at 4pm.
All in all an excellent stay at a very good hotel, it is a little distance from Times Square, but only about 5 minutes walk.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bognorjack
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had to stay in new york longer due to Hurricane, hotel staff was very polite , during hurricane i have seen the general magaer of hotel taking care of guest evening drinks, since their was no restaurants outside open hence the hotel made an excellent arrangement of food being served in the evening without any trouble, every guest use to have evening drinks their. It was a great period of my visit but the staff was helpful and very curtious.

Room Tip: Select room in higher floors for good view, must visit terrace of this hotel for amazing view, perfect place to stay because during hurricane this street was not affected by flood but yes lots of heavy rains....thats all over
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gurpal_Singh
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Excellent hotel! Clean modern and fresh decor. Nice spacious rooms with a little kitchen and walk in shower. The bed was massive and very comfy. Had a brilliant view of the manhattan sky line. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. Read some reviews before we went about the lifts being very slow. We waited 10 minutes before deciding to walk down the stairs from the 34th floor and still beat the couple waiting for the lift with us! Good location, not far from Times Square. Would defintately stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laura N
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had to get a hotel in Times Square while I was in NY for an interview. I couldn't afford the $400 most hotels wanted, so I was thrilled to find a room at the Element for $259. I figured for that price, I'd be lucky just to get a good night's sleep. But at the Element, I got SO much more. I was treated as well as I have been in five star hotels. The staff welcomed me warmly and checked my bags while my room was readied. Lynn, one of the managers, asked me if she could do anything for me. The person who checked me in got my room hypo-allergenic pillows.

The room was beautiful. It's small, of course--no hotel in NY is going to have huge rooms. But there is a small kitchenette and a great tv, and the bed is super comfy, so how much room do you really need? WiFi is free (also unusual at a hotel like this) and worked well. In the morning, I found a delicious breakfast, with turkey sausage and egg sandwiches and a variety of oatmeal--not the typical continental! Best of all, when the guy who checked me in found out about my interview, he arranged for a late check out so I could spend my time getting ready. Then in the morning, they wished me luck on the interview! This is an exceptional hotel, and at this price, an incredible deal. I'll stay there any time! Next time I want to partake in the free evening reception.

(I know a few reviews here mention the noise. I've lived in NY and stayed in lots of hotels--unless you are in a skyscraper, there is going to be noise. It's a noisy city. It really didn't bother me, though!)

Room Tip: Stay above the 20th floor for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business