Element New York Times Square West
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$116
$145
$116
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Priceline
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
$386
$346
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
4,447 results
All reviewsfree breakfasttimes squarefull size fridgebagelsnew yorkport authoritystove topfree happy hourmini kitchenevening receptionsmall kitchenettelower floorrooftop terracepenn stationthe breakfast areacoffee makerhell's kitchen
Reviewed November 3, 2011

First off, I love Element hotels. I appreciate their focus on the environment along with a high tech experience in their rooms. Sure you won't get all of the luxury toiletries and small items you would find at other brands, but you get a reliable clean room, a great bed, breakfast, and a technology friendly guest room. The immediate area around this hotel is only OK and it doesn't look like much from the street. And the rooms can be a little noisy -- but come on its NYC. But I have stayed here twice for business and found it to be a very productive place to stay for work. Make sure you check out their pay in advance rates and you can secure an even better deal for New York. Good hotel at great rates.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We were in a standard king room on the 17th floor. I could not sleep for the first 2 days because of the New York ambient noise coming from outside, especially sirens. I think that the noise was coming through the housing of the the ac unit. Perhaps a room situated higher would have been better.The room and bathroom were Ok though. We even had a kitchenette in the room which was a first for us. This hotel was one of the few New York hotels that included a breakfast - and quite decent at that. The other issue is that the 3 lifts are not enough to cater for the guests during peak times - breakfast time especially On one occasion it took me 14 minutes to manage to get on the lift. If the noise and lift problem are eliminated, I think this hotel would merit a 4 or 5 rating.

Room Tip: Not sure which is best. Most probably the higher the room the less noise...but then you will have to wait for the lift no matter how long it takes to get in one.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Just to start out...This is a GREAT hotel. I am not sure what all the people expect that have given negative reviews. I gave it a 5 but the elevators could be a problem if you are trying to get down to the first floor fast. So... a 4.5 would be better. This was our first time to New York City and couldn't have been happier.

Location: It is a perfect location near the Theaters and Times Square and the subway. It is also a block from the bus station. We never felt threatened or uncomfortable. There are always a lot of people out and about.

Room: Our room was directly across from the elevator but we were not bothered by any noise. There is a full kitchen with dishes/pots & pans/utensils included. We came back late one afternoon and the maid had even put our dirty dishes in the dishwasher!! All the beds are king sized and extremely comfortable...pillows were great. Also, bathrooms were very clean and modern. The floor is not carpet but that is better...no stains or smells. We even turned on the air conditioner...it worked in October.

Elevators: We never waited long for an elevator. It might be a problem when you leave when everyone is trying to leave. One person made a loud moan when the elevator stopped on the 2nd floor and she couldn't get on....WALK DOWN THE STAIRS!!!

Breakfast: It was great having the breakfast provided. I don't think many hotels in NYC have this. They had hot and cold food plus fruit and yogurt. It was busy...but what do people expect when there are 40 floors of people. Always enough food and they kept refilling. We usually found a place to sit or else we went back up to our room. NO BIG DEAL!!!!

Bottom line: It's all about attitude...if you have a good one...it will come back to you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My gf and I stay here often, and it's generally good. We like it because it's close to the subway, Penn Station, and a lot of good restaurants, and because we tend to get pretty good views. We have found the rooms comfortable and usually clean, and the kitchen is very helpful when we're there for several days. Sometimes, however, it feels too expensive - I know the location is good and it's the middle of Manhattan, but... The elevators are incredibly slow and rather small, and the lobby is much too crowded. At breakfast the lobby is impassable and disorganized. I wish I could give three and a half instead of four stars.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the end of a floor, away from the elevator. Also, higher up you get better views, but more annoying elevator waits.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank faunboy
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I'm a picky consumer. If a product or place is poor or bad I'm not shy about speaking up. The reviews I'm reading now about how crappy this place this must have had an effect. Rarely have I experienced a staff and hotel so consumer oriented. Almost a 4 star. Clean, efficient, generous towards their guests. For a person on business or some people just on vacation there is nothing to complain about this hotel. The rooms are basic, but basic in a way that is all you'd need and the furnishings clean and modern. Great bed and bath. Excellent tv. Staff, even the housecleaners greet you with a "hello". Will I stay here again, you bet.

Room Tip: I have nothing to add about a "good room". The hotel elevators aren't big and are slow but there are a lots of floors and a lot of guests. A/c works well. Heat works well. The cleanliness of the rooms, excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business