“Another Excellent Shopping Experience”

Shopping Girlfriend NYC
Ranked #29 of 839 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping Girlfriend NYC is a unique experience for NYC residents and visitors alike. In New York, the world's leading force in fashion, you'll have the opportunity to see the ins and outs of the industry with your own eyes- and shop at wholesale prices. Come take the ultimate shopping trip in NYC! After working for many years in the NY fashion scene, owner Pilar Katz has earned her reputation as a cutting edge stylist. After realizing she could open the same shopping opportunities and her love for looking good to the public, Pilar decided to become one of the leading personal guides to shopping in the city. Now with the connections Pilar has made over the years and Shopping Girlfriend NYC, you can visit heart Manhattan's Garment District to browse the exciting wholesale showrooms of small private designers. With up to 50%-80% off retail prices, Shopping Girlfriend NYC takes you on a private tour of the showrooms that any fashion lover can appreciate and afford. Each designer showroom is selected depending on your body type and your fashion sense, so it's individually tailored toward what each shopper wants. Great for visitors, special occasions, or just a day out of bonding- Shopping Girlfriend will leave you with a unique experience and a real slice of the Big Apple. Come and see the art of private shopping with Shopping Girlfriend NYC for a personal trip that will leave you with incredible experience! Perfect for Girlfriend Getaways, Mom's and Daughters. Gentlemen, a great gift for your better half. Celebrate any occasion with shopping. Fees are based on the number of shoppers. Shopping available Monday-Friday mornings or afternoons NEW: Men's Classic suits, shirts, ties, coats all at wholesale prices
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I can't think of a better name for Pilar's company. I normally hate shopping but this is the 3rd time I've taken a shopping tour with Pilar in the last 5 years (2 previously with another company where she was employed). She is very personable and attentive to your shopping goals. The day is fun and the best part is to be able to take home some really nice pieces at wholesale prices.

1  Thank JIB_4549

Reviewed November 11, 2010

This was the greatest shopping experience of my life! Pilar took me (and my willing husband) on a tour of some very exclusive showrooms around the Fashion District where I not only got to buy the most beautiful and unique garments I have ever owned (at a fraction of the cost of what Neiman Marcus etc. sell them for), but I also had the privilege to meet some of the designers. I love fashion, and it was such an unbelievable experience to talk with the designers about the clothes I was trying on, and what went into the design.
Pilar, the "shopping girlfriend", is genuinely sweet, funny, and understanding.
I would recommend this to anyone with shopping stamina (the tour lasts 4 hours) who is looking for an exclusive experience and a unique wardrobe!

1  Thank slpceline
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Pilar is a warm, effusive woman who loves to share her access to these very busy fashion merchants. You can buy great merchandise for a very good price. If you need a coat, separates, sweaters, anything, you can get it here. For serious shoppers, you can buy very desirable items at a heavy discount. For not so serious, you still get a great peek into the world of wholesale fashion sales in NYC and meet some really admirable women who make it all happen...the sales people and designers.

1  Thank tinapage
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We were in New York to celebrate a friends 40th birthday and we surprised the birthday girl with a shopping day with Pilar. She loved it, as did the rest of us!!
She took us to several designer showrooms and we bought items from every one of them! The designers were right there to help us, which was fantastic!
I would highly recommend this to anyone, but even more so if you are a small group of girlfriends on a chick-trip to New York and you like to shop, then definitely give this a try. I will be calling Pilar again next time I am in New York.
Thank you Pilar!!

1  Thank lisagross
Reviewed October 26, 2010

If you're lookin for a true shopping experience w/an experienced shopper/stylist you could do NO better that Pilar! She gave my "baby" sister (celebrating her 40th BD), my 16 year-old "baby" girl, and myself a great experience in how backroom shopping is really done. Pilar takes you into places that you had no idea existed while you're walking around the Garment District - who knew?! Her fee is recouped as soon as you purchase your 1st item due to the savings from purchasing a one-of-a-kind piece. Even nicer, she doesn't pressure you to buy, she just wants you to have a great time! She's always checking in with her clients, as well as constantly asking the store owners about different pieces that might interest the client. We had a great time! Thanks Pilar - you made our trip really different & SPECIAL from our other NYC trips! - Maria from Miami

1  Thank WorkToTravel65