“Fun, amazing clothes, wholesale prices, what's not to like?”

Shopping Girlfriend NYC
Ranked #29 of 829 Shopping in New York City
Type: Shopping, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping Girlfriend NYC is a unique experience for NYC residents and visitors alike. In New York, the world's leading force in fashion, you'll have the opportunity to see the ins and outs of the industry with your own eyes- and shop at wholesale prices. Come take the ultimate shopping trip in NYC! After working for many years in the NY fashion scene, owner Pilar Katz has earned her reputation as a cutting edge stylist. After realizing she could open the same shopping opportunities and her love for looking good to the public, Pilar decided to become one of the leading personal guides to shopping in the city. Now with the connections Pilar has made over the years and Shopping Girlfriend NYC, you can visit heart Manhattan's Garment District to browse the exciting wholesale showrooms of small private designers. With up to 50%-80% off retail prices, Shopping Girlfriend NYC takes you on a private tour of the showrooms that any fashion lover can appreciate and afford. Each designer showroom is selected depending on your body type and your fashion sense, so it's individually tailored toward what each shopper wants. Great for visitors, special occasions, or just a day out of bonding- Shopping Girlfriend will leave you with a unique experience and a real slice of the Big Apple. Come and see the art of private shopping with Shopping Girlfriend NYC for a personal trip that will leave you with incredible experience! Perfect for Girlfriend Getaways, Mom's and Daughters. Gentlemen, a great gift for your better half. Celebrate any occasion with shopping. Fees are based on the number of shoppers. Shopping available Monday-Friday mornings or afternoons NEW: Men's Classic suits, shirts, ties, coats all at wholesale prices
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband booked this for me on a recent visit to NYC at just 24 hours notice. I wanted to find some unusual pieces to add to my wardrobe and only had a few hours to spare. Pilar responded immediately and rearranged her diary to accommodate my tight schedule. We visited four designers, each very different.

The first designer was in her showroom when we arrived and was very attentive, which I was not expecting as part of the deal but it made the experience very special. I bought some amazing pieces there, which I am really delighted with. Cheapest item $40, most expensive was $280, all retailed for at least twice that.

Pilar was brilliant at tuning into what I liked but also suggesting things I would not have considered. She was never pushy and advised me against things that didn't suit me. She has a great relationship with the designers and is fun to be with; It was like shopping with a great, fashion-savvy, straight talking girlfriend. Although I had only booked three hours, we spent much longer than that, Pilar was very generous with her time.

If you are open to fur or fur-trimmed garments (cardigans, capes, wraps etc) then don't miss the fur showroom. I bought the most gorgeous grey fur-trimmed cape and navy cardigan with fur collar, both of which I can hardly wait to wear.

There isn't much walking so you could do the day in heels if you wanted to, but do wear a two piece outfit that is easy to slip on and off. Typically there is nowhere private to change, so best lingerie too! Also take a small bottle of water as it is thirsty work, though one showroom very kindly supplied both water and coffee.

I have my 14/15 Fall/Winter wardrobe sorted now. Roll on Fall! I would recommend this to anyone who likes to buy nice pieces but appreciates great value. My best day in NYC!

1  Thank LuluW411

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family and I booked Pilar on a whim while we were planning our first trip to NYC. Before even meeting with her, I was already impressed. She returned all my emails so quickly and answered my many questions about pricing and what I could expect to find at the sample sales. We began the tour in an amazing designer's studio where my sister found an amazing trench coat for $100. Next, we went to Julie Brown's studio, where I found four gorgeous pieces for around $40-$60 each. After that, we went to a store where nearly every shirt was around $20. (so much fun!) Next, we headed over to our next stop, a fur shop, but before we got there the doorman stopped us to let us know that Kensie was having a HUGE sample sale. (Here, I found 4 AMAZING dresses for $10 each.) It was obvious that Pilar had an great relationship with every designer we visited, as they all greeted her with a smile and knew her by name. There was never any obligation to purchase, but Pilar made sure that everyone in my party found something that we loved. :)

1  Thank Sierra W
Reviewed July 8, 2014

First, I need to say that Pilar is an absolute gem and you will have an amazing experience with her! I booked this shopping tour months in advance and spent some time emailing back and forth with Pilar. She made sure she had my size and a general idea of what I was looking for so she could plan our day. What really made the shopping tour so memorable was Pilar herself. She immediately made me feel comfortable and relaxed (well as relaxed as you can be when you are shopping) and I felt like I was shopping with a good friend who had the inside scoop on all the secret shopping spots that I could only dream of! Plus, Pilar has such amazing energy that you can;t help but have fun with her!
Pilar took me to see some of the top end designers in their showrooms (it is evident that she has great relationships with the designers) and hit the places she thought would be the best fir for me. She really nailed it with her choices and I bought a lot of beautiful pieces that I know will be staples in my wardrobe, and at amazing prices. Even though I have a pretty good sense of what I like, Pilar helped me pick out pieces I would not normally have tried and was really helpful with her honest feedback. Pilar was totally committed to giving me the best experience possible, and she extended herself by going over time (thank you Pilar, I did not expect that) and never once made me feel like she was looking at her watch (she couldn't of been because she spent so much extra time with me)! Afterwards, Pilar contacted me to make sure I was happy with everything I bought and she even contacted one of the designers for me, to see if I could get a couple of items that I hadn't purchased on the tour.
I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Shopping Girlfriend. Pilar is the real deal!

1  Thank Marcia021
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We started off the tour with a fantastic designer where we could purchase samples and/or order from the upcoming fall line. Pilar was very flexible working hard to accommodate all our likes/dislikes. There were three Southern girlfriends in our group -- the classic, the trendy and the glamour. And all three of us were able to find several wonderful treasures! Our sizes range from 4 to 10/12 and there was something for each of us. We also had the opportunity to purchase beautiful (and very reasonably priced) jewelry as well as drop dead gorgeous Italian leather handbags! Pilar kept us going and went over our allotted time but we knew we only had one shot at this opportunity on this trip. We would definitely do this tour again!

1  Thank berkleybug
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We booked Pilar to take advantage of some boutique buying and saving some money on purchasing some unique items. There was 5 of us and we had lovely fun afternoon with all of us picking up some great buys!
Prices of items can vary from $20 to $160+ so very variable, but can be tailored to your budget.
You need a good group who will give you honest opinions.
Pilar was lovely and very friendly and honest.
A good day overall .