“My new image after a fantastic day of shopping with Pilar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 791 Shopping in New York City
Type: Shopping, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping Girlfriend NYC is a unique experience for NYC residents and visitors alike. In New York, the world's leading force in fashion, you'll have the opportunity to see the ins and outs of the industry with your own eyes- and shop at wholesale prices. Come take the ultimate shopping trip in NYC! After working for many years in the NY fashion scene, owner Pilar Katz has earned her reputation as a cutting edge stylist. After realizing she could open the same shopping opportunities and her love for looking good to the public, Pilar decided to become one of the leading personal guides to shopping in the city. Now with the connections Pilar has made over the years and Shopping Girlfriend NYC, you can visit heart Manhattan's Garment District to browse the exciting wholesale showrooms of small private designers. With up to 50%-80% off retail prices, Shopping Girlfriend NYC takes you on a private tour of the showrooms that any fashion lover can appreciate and afford. Each designer showroom is selected depending on your body type and your fashion sense, so it's individually tailored toward what each shopper wants. Great for visitors, special occasions, or just a day out of bonding- Shopping Girlfriend will leave you with a unique experience and a real slice of the Big Apple. Come and see the art of private shopping with Shopping Girlfriend NYC for a personal trip that will leave you with incredible experience! Perfect for Girlfriend Getaways, Mom's and Daughters. Gentlemen, a great gift for your better half. Celebrate any occasion with shopping. Fees are based on the number of shoppers. Shopping available Monday-Friday mornings or afternoons NEW: Men's Classic suits, shirts, ties, coats all at wholesale prices
Christchurch, New Zealand
“My new image after a fantastic day of shopping with Pilar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Recently I visited New York from New Zealand and I had a fantastic time shopping with Pilar one on one. She really listened to what I was looking for and took me to places that suited me perfectly. We were having so much fun that she even went over time. After the few hours we spent together, I felt like I had known Pilar forever.

I got everything that I was looking for plus some and struggled back to my hotel with all my bags. I even got to meet a couple of the Designers which was a unique experience. The prices were fantastic and the clothes were beautifully tailored and styled. I love the new image I have created with the clothes I bought.

I have been telling everyone I talk to how great an experience this was and I wanted you all to know too that this is definitely worth the investment. The money i saved with the great prices more than covered Pilars fee.

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This review is long overdue (June 2011) I surprised my wife with a trip to NYC for our 10th anniversary. I thought this would be an excellent surprise for my fashion loving wife. It was better than my expectations. In addition to being an amazing experience (to visit fashion showrooms we would have never been able to visit) the deals were wonderful and so was Pilar's company. Definitely a "must-do" for any husband who has a wife who loves to shop.

Pilar was very easy to contact and had great information about the city. Thank you, Pilar! We will visit with you again.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Andrew M
Sydney, NS
“A one of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was my second time shopping with Pilar! This is a wonderful, one of kind, memorable experience! A gift to my sister for a milestone birthday. I have so many beautiful pieces in my wardrobe!

Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must do NYC experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Last week I went on my 4th or 5th shopping trip with Pilar and it never fails to disappoint. Her main priority is to make sure you're taken care of and have a great experience. I was able to specify which designer show rooms I wanted to visit and was really pleased with some of the pieces I found and purchased at wholesale prices. I make a habit now to always book a tour with Pilar on every trip to NYC.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great shopping experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been to NYC a number of times but never experienced anything like this. A friend of mine and I went to the city for a long weekend and while planning our trip I found Pilar's information online. Pilar has a great relationship with a variety of designers, taking us to a number of unique showrooms. I'm looking forward to my next trip!! Thank you, Pilar, for the awesome experience:)