“Fantastic Finds”

Ranked #33 of 853 Shopping in New York City
Type: Shopping, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping Girlfriend NYC is a unique experience for NYC residents and visitors alike. In New York, the world's leading force in fashion, you'll have the opportunity to see the ins and outs of the industry with your own eyes- and shop at wholesale prices. Come take the ultimate shopping trip in NYC! After working for many years in the NY fashion scene, owner Pilar Katz has earned her reputation as a cutting edge stylist. After realizing she could open the same shopping opportunities and her love for looking good to the public, Pilar decided to become one of the leading personal guides to shopping in the city. Now with the connections Pilar has made over the years and Shopping Girlfriend NYC, you can visit heart Manhattan's Garment District to browse the exciting wholesale showrooms of small private designers. With up to 50%-80% off retail prices, Shopping Girlfriend NYC takes you on a private tour of the showrooms that any fashion lover can appreciate and afford. Each designer showroom is selected depending on your body type and your fashion sense, so it's individually tailored toward what each shopper wants. Great for visitors, special occasions, or just a day out of bonding- Shopping Girlfriend will leave you with a unique experience and a real slice of the Big Apple. Come and see the art of private shopping with Shopping Girlfriend NYC for a personal trip that will leave you with incredible experience! Perfect for Girlfriend Getaways, Mom's and Daughters. Gentlemen, a great gift for your better half. Celebrate any occasion with shopping. Fees are based on the number of shoppers. Shopping available Monday-Friday mornings or afternoons NEW: Men's Classic suits, shirts, ties, coats all at wholesale prices
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I found Pilar by looking through all the great reviews to date. I set up a shopping date for myself, my mom and my mom's friend, with a wide range of sizes and interests in clothes. We all walked away with bags full of amazing finds that I get compliments on every day! The prices were all amazing as well, I found it hard to say no to anything because the prices so great too! Somehow we fit everything in out luggage and in some cases needed an extra carry on. I have been recommending and telling everyone I know who is going to NYC to call Pilar. It was so nice to get out of the usual stores that I always go to! THANK YOU SO MUCH Pilar - My husband wants to find you again next time we are in NYC too!

1  Thank Kristen P

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time shopping with Pilar. We loved all of our purchases!!Pilar was able to cater for the different sizes and style between my daughter and myself and we were both able to find fabulous outfits at very reasonable prices. It was great to meet many of the designers and it made us feel like VIP's. Renee was fabulous and went out of her way to make sure we looked great in her fab designs especially her pants of life. This was a highlight of our trip and would recommend Shopping Girlfriend NYC to anyone who loves fashion and fun.

1  Thank 196Sonia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a highlight of our trip to New York.Pilar has an engaging "up" personality and immediately sized up what we were interested in.We visited six different sources-designers,showrooms and tiny shops tucked under stairs.They all had one thing in common-they love Pilar and treat her clients as friends.This is not some take a bus and get out at he next stop.This if a true "shopping girlfrend" who figures out what you like and takes you there.I will see her every time I am in New York and highly recommend her to you especially if you have limited time as you can really cover a lot of ground and not waste time.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Dither and procrastinate no longer. Shopping with Pilar is the special gift that you have always wanted to give her.
Pilar has created a unique and extraordinary experience for normal people. Shopping with Pilar was not pretentious, intimidating or expensive. Everyone we met was very nice, pleasant and fun, and sincerely wanted us to have a good time and help my wife find clothes she loves. My wife smiled from ear to ear while she tried clothes. I watch a designer literally climb racks in her show room to find clothing she wanted my wife to try.
I am a mildly disheveled, middle-aged straight guy who would rather go to the dentist than the mall. I was thrilled with this experience and enjoyed myself almost as much as my wife. Have you ever had a New York clothing designer stand next to your wife, look at you and ask, “Is it OK, Can I make her sexy?” I have!
This is the gift you have always wanted to give your gal. Take her shopping with Pilar, make her happy and enjoy her in her great clothes. Be prepared, she will want to do this again.

4  Thank Pete S
ladyp212, Owner at Shopping Girlfriend NYC, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Cheers, P.S. I have a big old crush on you.
Love to Lady R

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was absolutely over the moon to discover my fiancé had organised a day with Pilar for me for my 30th birthday. This was my first time to New York, I LOVE to shop, and whilst the shopping is fantastic, you can get the same stuff anywhere. Spending the day with Pilar not only gave me access to some amazing unique pieces, it gave me an experience that I will never forget. We spent time in the designers spaces, looked through their collections, sought their opinion and walked away with pieces at less than half of what you'd pay in store. It's both Pilar's beautiful nature, her positive and fun personality and the unique opportunity that makes this such a special day. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a true NYC experience. THANK YOU Pilar x

2  Thank Amanda K