“Great Hotel”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #197 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great stay at the Courtyard Soho. Effortless check-in, room was just as we expected: plenty of room by NYC standards, comfy bed, spotless bathroom. Location was perfect for us as our daughter lives just around the corner. We will definitely return!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the overall location. Thank you for selecting the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay. We spent a week here and set out in the morning for sightseeing and did not return until time for bed. There are subway stations close by, one just 1/2 a block away. The bed was very comfortable. The West Village is close by and there are a few casual eateries within a block radius. We did not try out the hotel restaurant. The front desk staff were pleasant and eager to help. Our room was next to the elevator, however we heard no noise from it nor other guests. There was some street noise, especially on a Sat. night, so a slight rating ding for that. I would stay here again, given I could get a similar Priceline Express Deal on the room rate, as I did for this stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your week long stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo. We hope when your travels bring you back to New York City that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact the Hotel prior to your next stay and we can assist with your room preferences. Thank you!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had the most amazing weekend of my life at the Courtyard Marriott SOHO. My boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me in room 1905 with amazing views and ambiance. The entire hotel was in on it and it was absolutely amazing. The location, the views, the people, the food. All amazing and very reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and was very impressed. I am a Platinum Marriott rewards member and have stayed at my fair share of Courtyards, this one surpasses them all.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade, the views from the top floors are amazing and totally worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your recent review and congratulations! The Team truly enjoyed assisting in this amazing time in your life and I am so happy hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to welcome you back soon. Congratulations again from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The room was tiny but clean. The check in clerk was in a bad mood - kept telling my husband to calm down when he asked a question and he wasn't even raising his voice. The location is just OK for us as we tend to spend most of our time in the Midtown and East Side but we wanted to try this location. It's very safe and easy to get around from here. If you want to spend time in lower Manhattan this is a good location. The hotel room was too small for us.

Room Tip: We were on the alley side which is better if you don't like the street noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lesliebauman

Hello and thank you for your recent review. I am happy to hear that you found the Hotel to be clean and safe. On behalf of my Team, I would like to extend my sincere apology for your arrival experience. Providing a warm and friendly experience is a primary goal of our Hotel and I was very dissapointed to see that this was not the case with you. As a part of our continuous improvement methods, I have taken the opportunity to share this review with my Team in an effort to prevent this from recurring and thank you for your honest feedback so we can improve.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here in November with two friends for a girls weekend. Two shared the king-sized bed and another was on the pull-out couch. Though the pull-out was not the most comfortable, the room was large enough to accommodate all three of us and our luggage. The hotel was very clean and in a perfect location with the 1 right outside. We were able to walk to great restaurants and shops in all locations. The area of the hotel is very safe at night as well. The only suggestion I have is that you get a room at the back of the hotel. We stayed on the fifth floor facing Varick. Great people watching but we were kept up all night by the nightclub nearby and the street traffic and voices. I would definitely stay here again but choose my room location better.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel away from Varick street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the Hotel! Feel free to contact me prior to your next stay and it would be my pleasure to assist you personally with your room location requests! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and fiancé stayed at the courtyard over the thanks giving holidays. It was a great location to get around close to the subway to get anywhere you needed, but tucked away enough to be out of the hustle and bustle!!

The hotel was ideal for us who were there to sightsee. The room was plenty big enough with a great comfy bed. The staff were so polite an couldn't do enough for us.

Would definitely recommend to friends or family!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the overall Hotel. We hope to welcome you and your fiance back when your travels bring you back to NYC!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Couldn't say more about the hotel and it's service. Grocery near by-coffee-McDonalds if you must. But so much great food!! I like the SoHo area of Manhattan so I could not ask for more. Subway on the corner!! Yoga near-by if that's an interest.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay including location and service! We hope to welcome you back when you return to NYC. Thank you!