“Great hotel, helpful staff, convenient location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #231 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great hotel, helpful staff, convenient location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Reasonably priced hotel on Varick street convenient to shopping, restaurants, and subway. Nice room with fridge, tv, safe and very comfortable bedding. King bed with ample room size for NYC. Helpful, friendly staff that make you feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Coming down the street, there was trash in some spots swirling around, but surprisingly not in front of the Courtyard. The entrance was very clean. I like how the door automatically slides open since most business traveler's hands are full. This is the first hotel I've stayed at with only 4-5 rooms on each floor. I was on a very high floor, but no view to speak of so it didn't matter. I think I was looking at the A/C unit on the roof of the neighboring building. The room was very small. I needed to constantly adjust the desk chair and move my stuff around to make room. The decor was very modern. The breakfast was ok. Pre-cooked and the staff heats it up. But the coffee decent. Mostly, after a long day, there's plenty of night life, shops and restaurants. The hotel sells beer and wine as well so one can relax without pounding more pavement.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
chicago illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights on a combined business trip/family get away. I reserved a double double room through my Marriott account. I am a platinum elite member approaching 100 stays this year. I arrived to a room the size of a shoe box who's "separate sitting area" was a chair at the end of the bed. I could literally put one foot on the bed and one foot on the door. I'm no newbie to the Marriott brand or New York for that matter. I checked my reservation and started looking at other options to stay elsewhere. Imagine my surprise when the rates I had just booked 2 weeks prior were now 100.00 lower a night. Even in NYC 379.00 a night for such a tiny room billed as a double double is questionable. So lets be clear- the rooms here are much smaller than other marriott hotels in the city. I went to the lobby to discuss the rate. Maybe it was late at night, maybe I was annoying, but when an extremely loyal customer points out she did not get the best rate- just give it to her. Don't imply that she should be checking every day to see if it goes up and down- not exactly confidence inspiring as to the best rate guarentee. To their credit, they did give it to me. But did not offer to move me to a new room- until I elevated it the next day to the manager on staff. He was very polite, very helpful and gave us a room that wasn't tons bigger but much better configured. And was very nice about it to boot. - the room is clean - beds ok- not as comfy as Marriott or JW. Virtually no amenities - but it is a Courtyard - not a full service Marriott. No doubt this is a great location - subway just steps away, Soho, the Village- restaurants, bars, wine bars. Loved that. Skip the coffee/beer/snacks bar in the lobby, I was charged almost double for a latte that was only filled 2/3 full. And it took 5 minutes to correct the overcharge - I in fact had to point it out. How does that happen? While I loved the area, there wasn't much about this place that would compel me to return.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank lawdogs1
Cotswolds, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel exterior doesn't look very inviting but inside it is smart and modern. The room size was adequate, very clean with a good bathroom, plenty of towels and toiletries. It's around the corner from the subway and within walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently returned from a trip to NYC with 5 other college women friends (1972 graduates).We try to visit different cities every year! I am originally from NYC and chose this hotel for the group because of the location. The hotel was great. The subway line is directly across the street. You can be in Times Square in 10 minutes. It is also within walking distance to all of the Soho shops, Greenwich Village, NYU and close to Little Italy.I just love the area.The rooms are a decent size and extremely clean. The staff is wonderful. Thank you to Martina for the welcome e-mail, Maritza, Russell, Ron, Julio and Angel at the front desk for all of their help and to Gregory(Denzel) in the restaurant. They were so friendly and helpful especially during the rain storm. We had a great time! This hotel will definitely be my choice hotel when in the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zyla
Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room itself is a good size for new york and the bed comfortable and room clean. We were staying for 2 nights and our friends the same in another room. I picked it due to its great trip advisor scores and our friends moved from a tiimes square hotel to be in the same one. Do not take room 1207. Unfortunately on arriving we had to call to say the room smelt of damp/wet dogs and could something be done. Housekeeping arrived with a spray and asked if he should do it or do it ourselves - so I spent 5 minutes spraying the carpet. At 7am I got up in a dark room and as I walked in the bathroom found my foot covered in water, quite a shock to be stood in water unexpectedly. We had a flood that was coming over the lip onto the bedroom carpet, covered the entire bathroom and was dripping from the toilet. We had to throw clothes on without a shower when not ready to get up and move our cases away from getting wet. Maintenance arrived with lots of towels to dry the floor. we went to reception and said we would get breakfast while they sort it. We returned to find fans in the room to dry out the carpet. So we could now shower. We told reception this was not good enough and were advised that the manager was being contacted. We never heard anything from the manager or reception and never once hear an apology. My husband spoke to reception who were surprised nobody had spoken to us and guess what - still no apology. Terrible service from marriott hotels, we didn't exactly want any compensation but moving to another room would have been good or an apology - instead they accepted that I would write a negative review on trip advisor as we left!! Keep away from 1207.

Room Tip: Do not take 1207. Our friends were in 1102 and that was ok but street noise kept them awake
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tigger32
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and once again I was impressed. The previous stay here was during hurricane Sandy and I couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel, especially the staff.

The entire staff was once again very welcoming and some even remembered me from the "Sandy" stay. When coming or going from the hotel I was always greeted with a "welcome home" or "have a great day". One morning I was told I would need an umbrella as I was walking out the door and then offered one as a courtesy, all without asking – a nice touch in my opinion. Also, I was given a room with a really nice view of the Empire State building which was quite nice.

When my travel plans take me to manhattan, I have no doubt I will be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the street side have a great view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business