“One of the best...”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #163 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of the best Marriott experiences I have had and I've stayed at a lot of Marriott hotels! The staff are friendly, funny, and go above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

In terms of location, it is so close to the subway and very close to some great shopping and adorable restaurants. Also, only about 10-15mins to Canal Street shopping. And also very quiet at night. That was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: I assume the higher floors are the quietest. I was on the 15th and couldn't hear anything happen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle P

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I with my friend stayed at the hotel in November 2012. It was our first stay at this hotel and we were greatly pleased. The location is quite convenient and satisfactory as it has the direct access the subway and many restaurants are there nearby the hotel. Nice staff, whose courtesy inspired me the most. They were friendly and very helpful. Helped us in moving our luggage to our room, and answered our most questions regarding the hotel services. The room service was quite good and the room was tidy and clean. Although, the room was not so large yet it was very comfortable. The staff was continuously asking us at many occasions if we had any ambiguity or problem to be solved, but we were satisfied by the services they were providing us. From the front desk till our checking out, every service we got was amazing. The bathroom was very clean and tidy as well. We had a wonderful breakfast there and I still remember the aroma of the Cheese sandwich I had there on the second day of our stay there. I do not feel that there was any flaw in the services provided to us. It was our happy stay there and we enjoyed every single minute out there. I think that there is no need of improvement in their services and facilities as far as my thinking is concerned. I would definitely prefer it on my next visit to New York. Would like to rate it 9 out of 10.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had mixed feelings about my stay. It is a Great Soho location and offers great vaue compared to other hotels in the area. The room was clean and comfortable, but Like any hotel in NYC the rooms were small, however the bathroom was of decent size. They also did not have pay per view movies on the TV. I would have given it a "very good" if it wasn't for the rude front desk staff. They seemed unhappy and uninterested in making their customers happy. When I was checking out I had them store by luggage prior to leaving for my flight. When I returned to get my bag one of the wheels was missing. This hotel has the potential to be very good with better customer service from the staff. Again, it was an ok stay but doubt if I would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were very happy overall, so I am not here to complain. Rooms were fine, and typical tiny for NYC, so no shocker there, but still nicely appointed. Location could not be much better with a 5 minute walk into the heart of Soho shopping and dining, West Village, etc. That was fantastic.

We just foud it strange that on the 2nd morning of our stay, the coffee they put out in the mornings had disappeared, and just did not feel coffee was that much of a budget breaker for the hotel. Still, I was ok with buying a Starbucks from inside the hotel, 10 feet from where the complimentary coffee had been stationed. Then, in the afternoon, when I wanted to buy a Starbucks inside the hotel, that area was closed, and we found out they don't open it on weekends. Of course, then I had to leave the property for coffee. Just wasn't planned wisely, in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank plz2meatu
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We decided to return to Soho for my wife's birthday. This hotel is in such a good location- steps away from SoHo's shopping, and some fine restaurants in the West Village. As before, we requested a high floor room. The reception, once again, was very friendly and accommodating- we checked in early and our first high floor room wasn't ready, but they offered us an upgrade to a room on the ninth floor. We found out it was the exact same room we had this past summer! For two nights we could not have been more satisfied. The room was quiet, comfortable, very clean, and was spacious enough for us. Internet was complimentary- I opted for hardwire for my laptop- so I was able to do some work from the hotel room. Breakfast now features a delicious, fresh yogurt parfait. We'll be back next time for our next New York visit.

Room Tip: High Floors are more quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay in this hotel last month. The location is convenient, with plenty of great restaurants nearby and close access to the subway. The rooms are a good size for NYC, modern, and clean. Overall it was great value for the price, and I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The staff is great, property is clean, location is very good, and it's in a safe area. I've stayed at the property multiple times and don't look elsewhere when traveling NYC.

It's typical NYC expensive and of course wish it was more reasonable, but it's a small property in an expensive market. The rooms are typical NYC tight.

You'll also like the local dining and shopping options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business