“Good value, great location”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #189 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a nice tidy unpretentious hotel in a location which is ideal for exploring the many delights of SoHo, West Village and Greenwich Village - the best parts of NYC in my opinion.It is also very close to a subway station so it's easy to get pretty much anywhere from here. The rooms are small, but perfectly clean and comfortable. WiFi is free and there is a guest laundry, which we found extremely convenient as we'd been traveling for a while before arriving here.Staff are pleasant and obliging, and the hotel is great value compared to others in NYC that we have stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelLover50

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Fairly new and clean property with a nice location. It is just a short walk to many of the great restaurants, bars, and other sites in SoHo/Greenwich Village/West Village. We were on the 19th floor so our room had nice views towards midtown. The room itself was quite small, but comfortable with a nice bathroom. Lobby is compact with just a small snack area and limited food service. This is certainly a nice option for people who are familiar with NYC and will spend most of their day outside the hotel. If you are looking for a high level of service go elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our daughter lives in the west village, so on a visit for Thanksgiving, we wanted to stay as close to her as possible. The Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho fit the bill ... & better than ever expected. The staff was amazing, helping with our luggage, putting us in a room with a wonderful view, and ready to answer all our questions ... & offer valet parking for those of us crazy enough to drive into the city. The rooms are cozy & contemporary with very nice bathrooms. The location is perfect for anyone visiting anywhere in Manhattan ... great for walking and close to the subway ... & best for us, very close to our "heart."

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My daughter and I go to NYC every year after New Years. This is the first time we've stayed at this hotel and we were extremely pleased. The staff at this hotel is first rate. I saw that someone else mention the barista at the Starbucks. When I would order lattes for my daughter and me, the barista would put it in a carrier and walk it to where I was sitting. The little touches mean a lot. On another occasion, I walked into the elevator where a nice man was cleaning. He apologized but then asked me how my stay was and said that if I needed anything at all to just ask at the front desk, they would be happy to help. The hotel itself was clean and in a very good location. The view from my room was one terrific. All and all, this was one of the best trips that we had.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street can be noisy but the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine F
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband, stepson and I went on a quick pre-Christmas trip to NYC. It was my 10 year old stepson's first trip to New York, and this was a great place to stay. The subway stop is literally across the street, and it's just a short walk into the heart of Soho. We found it to be a wonderful base for our trip. My stepson was very impressed that there was a Dunkin Donuts right next door (although there seem to be Dunkin Donuts everywhere in NYC these days!!). The room was small, but clean and modern. Everyone at the hotel was very kind, and made us feel welcome. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and utterly enjoyed it - great service from front desk and Starbucks Greg (the barista that served us). The hotel is located between downtown and uptown and walking distance to gems for great coffee, shopping etc. Very comfortable room, the bed was fantastic to sleep on and everything worked. Really no complaints or improvements that I can think of. Only thing is, beware of a rude guy that worked in Dunkin Donuts a few doors away, he literally shouted at my friend who placed an order...it was rude to the point of being funny. Anyway, this hotel was near Houston Street subway stop (1 min walk) and only 4 - 5 stops from Times Square.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night (1/26/13). I was impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby, seating area and the room itself. It was the perfect location since we were seeing a band perform at the City Winery, which is literally a block away. The staff was friendly, the hotel was within walking distance to several restaurants, bars etc. and it was safe (you need a room card to work the elevator so people just can't come in off the street and have access to the rooms). The room is small but certainly adequate and has a large shower and bathroom (shower can fit two comfortably). The only reason I am not giving this a higher rank is the room I was in was facing Varick st and it was noisy; we could hear the traffic. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple