“Close to our heart!”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #185 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our daughter lives in the west village, so on a visit for Thanksgiving, we wanted to stay as close to her as possible. The Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho fit the bill ... & better than ever expected. The staff was amazing, helping with our luggage, putting us in a room with a wonderful view, and ready to answer all our questions ... & offer valet parking for those of us crazy enough to drive into the city. The rooms are cozy & contemporary with very nice bathrooms. The location is perfect for anyone visiting anywhere in Manhattan ... great for walking and close to the subway ... & best for us, very close to our "heart."

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My daughter and I go to NYC every year after New Years. This is the first time we've stayed at this hotel and we were extremely pleased. The staff at this hotel is first rate. I saw that someone else mention the barista at the Starbucks. When I would order lattes for my daughter and me, the barista would put it in a carrier and walk it to where I was sitting. The little touches mean a lot. On another occasion, I walked into the elevator where a nice man was cleaning. He apologized but then asked me how my stay was and said that if I needed anything at all to just ask at the front desk, they would be happy to help. The hotel itself was clean and in a very good location. The view from my room was one terrific. All and all, this was one of the best trips that we had.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street can be noisy but the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine F
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband, stepson and I went on a quick pre-Christmas trip to NYC. It was my 10 year old stepson's first trip to New York, and this was a great place to stay. The subway stop is literally across the street, and it's just a short walk into the heart of Soho. We found it to be a wonderful base for our trip. My stepson was very impressed that there was a Dunkin Donuts right next door (although there seem to be Dunkin Donuts everywhere in NYC these days!!). The room was small, but clean and modern. Everyone at the hotel was very kind, and made us feel welcome. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and utterly enjoyed it - great service from front desk and Starbucks Greg (the barista that served us). The hotel is located between downtown and uptown and walking distance to gems for great coffee, shopping etc. Very comfortable room, the bed was fantastic to sleep on and everything worked. Really no complaints or improvements that I can think of. Only thing is, beware of a rude guy that worked in Dunkin Donuts a few doors away, he literally shouted at my friend who placed an order...it was rude to the point of being funny. Anyway, this hotel was near Houston Street subway stop (1 min walk) and only 4 - 5 stops from Times Square.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night (1/26/13). I was impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby, seating area and the room itself. It was the perfect location since we were seeing a band perform at the City Winery, which is literally a block away. The staff was friendly, the hotel was within walking distance to several restaurants, bars etc. and it was safe (you need a room card to work the elevator so people just can't come in off the street and have access to the rooms). The room is small but certainly adequate and has a large shower and bathroom (shower can fit two comfortably). The only reason I am not giving this a higher rank is the room I was in was facing Varick st and it was noisy; we could hear the traffic. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great location in Soho. Very helpful staff and I was pleasantly surprised by this new and modern property. Clean and comfortable with a great stall shower. Walking distance to Greenwich Village. I plan to stay here again when visiting NY.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mschorr
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last October and found it to be great. It is on Varrick St which can be busy but we were at the back of the hotel and it was really quiet. Our room as I said was at the back of the hotel and we had a view of the sun setting over the Hudson, pretty good. The staff were all excellent and very happy to help in any way they could. As it is quite a small hotel they quickly get to know you. Room was an average size for NYC with everything you need. Bathroom was a little small but very clean. Position on the edge of SOHO is just great. Some much within walking distance and a subway station on the next block. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends