“Comfortable and convenient”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #190 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location and within easy walking distance to a number of good restaurants. While the room was small, it had everything that we needed, was clean, and was very quiet, especially considering that we were there on a Saturday night. The staff were pleasant and helpful, accomodating our request for a delayed check-out and securing the cab for us when we left. We found the breakfast quite good as well. I would not hesitate to stay there again should we travel to NYC in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy H
Jim_Paulon, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Wendy: Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of the team, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to hosting your next stay with us real soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent a Saturday night in Soho and we wisely chose this hotel. It is a short walk from virtually everything Soho has to offer. And the IRT subway entrance is on the opposite corner. The friendly front desk did accommodate our request for a high floor room, and early check-in. We had initially been offered a room on the third floor but did not like its location, but the staff did its utmost to put us in a room more to our liking. The room itself was comfortable, quiet, clean, nicely decorated and furnished, with excellent air conditioning, and it had a small refrigerator. Sleep quality was quite good. The food service downstairs serves breakfast items in the morning, and fresh complimentary coffee is available. Check out was quick and smooth and the staff did help us hail a cab. We'll be sure to stay here again when we revisit this part of town,

Room Tip: Go for higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCArchT
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Courtyard New York Soho makes no pretensions and doesn't need to in order to be a top notch destination Manhattan hotel. The staff is extraordinarily friendly, the location is terrific (comfortable walking distance to the many restaurants and shops of Soho and beyond, and adjacent to the Varick St/Houston No. 1 line subway station). The rooms are small-ish but well appointed and efficient, with Paul Smith amenities in the well-lit bathroom and a glass-enclosed "rain shower" to die for. The wi-fi is free and fast, the bed comfortable and the diminutive in-house restaurant/snack bar perfect for a light meal and/or drink. Can't think of a better or more reasonable property if it's in the Soho district you want to stay. PS: Individual rooms are probably best for a solo businessperson and/or a couple.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SantaFeB
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! On behalf of the team, we are so happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We look forward to hopefully hosting your next trip in NYC real soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I travel back to NYC several times a year and I have stayed and reviewed in numerous NY hotels. This was my first stay at the Courtyard SOHO. Let me say right off that it was the best experience I've had in a long time. The staff could not be friendlier. Every time I came in or out I was greeted with smiles and courtesy. The room is small but very comfortable. The basement gym is well equipped and underused. The bar/breakfast counter off the lobby serves starbucks coffee and basic breakfast items and the staff there was extraordinarily nice and helpful.
Finally the location cannot be beat. Both the 1 and the E or C subway lines are a short walk away. A few blocks to the river and the pathway for running in the morning. A few blocks the other way and your on Prince or Spring Streets in the heart of SOHO. Tribeca is a short walk away as is Little Italy and the Village. Why stay anywhere else- seriously folks this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bccrab
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

bccrab: If it is one thing we pride ourselves on, it's our top notch staff! We are so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again real soon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here recently using Marriott points so my expectations were to be relatively happy with whatever I got for free, especially given the usual prices for hotels in NYC. However, this place went way beyond my expectations, I really liked it and would pay to stay here next time. Everyone working there is personable and helpful, every single person I encountered. The hotel is small enough so that you can get in and out quickly, it doesn't take 20 minutes to get through a crowded lobby and up to the room. The elevators were quick, too. In the lobby they have everything you need - small breakfast place (where they had our bagels and cofee in a bag and ready to go, exactly what we needed on a very busy day) a little bar for a glass of wine at the end of the day , a couple of computers, in short, just what you need and nothing else. The hotel room itself was quite small, but it was very very clean, the bed was excellent, and I got a great night's sleep. What more could you ask? As the title says, I have already recommended it to friends who are in the city a lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RdSxfn
Reviewed June 19, 2012

First, I'd like to start by saying this hotel did more than just meet my expectations, it actually exceeded them. I stay at Marriott brand hotels many times a year and this one did not disappoint. You can't beat the Soho location on Varick between King and Charlton. I arrived hours before check in and they already had a room ready which was unexpected so I was immediately pleased. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have been going to NYC a couple of times a year for many years so I have stayed in several other hotels in town. In my opinion, this room is a pretty decent size for rooms in this city. This area is pretty quiet at night so I had no problems with a lot of noise when I was trying to sleep. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The bathroom is very nice and has a huge, walk-in shower, though the water pressure was lacking. The AC works GREAT. There is also a fridge AND a safe in the room, both being a huge plus. Unfortunately, there is only one ice-maker in the building and it's located on the lower level which is a bit of an inconvenience but luckily the elevators are quick so you don't have to wait too long to get down there and back.

I loved the location. It's really convenient to so many of the city's attractions along with great shopping and wonderful restaurant's. It is located a block from the red line (i.e 1-2-3 train) subway. This train will take you to or close to, just about anywhere in the city you'd like to go.

I would also like to mention that the customer service was outstanding. Everyone was just very friendly and it was very much appreciated. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay in the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MBCMemphis
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a great four night stay recently and it was great. The staff could not do enough. They greeted us every time and were very friendly and helpful. The room was fairly typically Courtyard but that's not bad and every thing was new and very upscale. The location is just blocks from all the great sights of Soho and Greenwich Village. The subway is just at the end of the block. Really a nice, nice stay. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business