Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Dominick Hotel(New York City)
  • Pool
Hotel Hugo(New York City)
Arlo SoHo(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
SIXTY SoHo(New York City)
  • Room Service
Signature Properties(New York City)
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Mercer Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreenwich villagevarick streethouston streetholland tunnelcity winerycourtyard marriottdunkin donutsgreat locationnew yorkspring stsubway stopwalking distancerestaurants and shopsrooms are smallminute walkfront desk staffsame block
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I travel back to NYC several times a year and I have stayed and reviewed in numerous NY hotels. This was my first stay at the Courtyard SOHO. Let me say right off that it was the best experience I've had in a long time. The staff could not be friendlier. Every time I came in or out I was greeted with smiles and courtesy. The room is small but very comfortable. The basement gym is well equipped and underused. The bar/breakfast counter off the lobby serves starbucks coffee and basic breakfast items and the staff there was extraordinarily nice and helpful.
Finally the location cannot be beat. Both the 1 and the E or C subway lines are a short walk away. A few blocks to the river and the pathway for running in the morning. A few blocks the other way and your on Prince or Spring Streets in the heart of SOHO. Tribeca is a short walk away as is Little Italy and the Village. Why stay anywhere else- seriously folks this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bccrab
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

bccrab: If it is one thing we pride ourselves on, it's our top notch staff! We are so thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again real soon. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here recently using Marriott points so my expectations were to be relatively happy with whatever I got for free, especially given the usual prices for hotels in NYC. However, this place went way beyond my expectations, I really liked it and would pay to stay here next time. Everyone working there is personable and helpful, every single person I encountered. The hotel is small enough so that you can get in and out quickly, it doesn't take 20 minutes to get through a crowded lobby and up to the room. The elevators were quick, too. In the lobby they have everything you need - small breakfast place (where they had our bagels and cofee in a bag and ready to go, exactly what we needed on a very busy day) a little bar for a glass of wine at the end of the day , a couple of computers, in short, just what you need and nothing else. The hotel room itself was quite small, but it was very very clean, the bed was excellent, and I got a great night's sleep. What more could you ask? As the title says, I have already recommended it to friends who are in the city a lot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RdSxfn
Reviewed June 19, 2012

First, I'd like to start by saying this hotel did more than just meet my expectations, it actually exceeded them. I stay at Marriott brand hotels many times a year and this one did not disappoint. You can't beat the Soho location on Varick between King and Charlton. I arrived hours before check in and they already had a room ready which was unexpected so I was immediately pleased. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have been going to NYC a couple of times a year for many years so I have stayed in several other hotels in town. In my opinion, this room is a pretty decent size for rooms in this city. This area is pretty quiet at night so I had no problems with a lot of noise when I was trying to sleep. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The bathroom is very nice and has a huge, walk-in shower, though the water pressure was lacking. The AC works GREAT. There is also a fridge AND a safe in the room, both being a huge plus. Unfortunately, there is only one ice-maker in the building and it's located on the lower level which is a bit of an inconvenience but luckily the elevators are quick so you don't have to wait too long to get down there and back.

I loved the location. It's really convenient to so many of the city's attractions along with great shopping and wonderful restaurant's. It is located a block from the red line (i.e 1-2-3 train) subway. This train will take you to or close to, just about anywhere in the city you'd like to go.

I would also like to mention that the customer service was outstanding. Everyone was just very friendly and it was very much appreciated. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay in the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MBCMemphis
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a great four night stay recently and it was great. The staff could not do enough. They greeted us every time and were very friendly and helpful. The room was fairly typically Courtyard but that's not bad and every thing was new and very upscale. The location is just blocks from all the great sights of Soho and Greenwich Village. The subway is just at the end of the block. Really a nice, nice stay. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BonVoyage2U
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed in New York for a week and had a great time.
This Hotel really added to that. The location is very nice and near different metro stations. We really liked Soho and were happy we were not staying in the touristic Time Square area.
The room was really nice (very new) and very spacious (especially for a New York hotel). The bed was amazing! The bathroom was also very good. No noise (eventhough we were sleeping on the streetside). Friendly staff as well. We could really recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple