“A Boutique Hotel Experience”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo
Ranked #196 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Virginia
“A Boutique Hotel Experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The Marriott SoHo is a gem. Had a room on 3rd floor above the entrance, and it was still quiet -- even though hotel is located a few blocks from entrance to Holland Tunnel. Anyway, I don't go to New York for the quiet. The room was quite elegant, not much different than the room I had a couple weeks ago at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park. (Also, Marriott SoHo have real hangars, not the anti-theft post kind. And I was relieved there was no free continental breakfast served as that would have ruined the vibe me.) The staff is jovial, concerned, and make one feel quite welcome. Being so close to Ground Zero, I was worried about catching a cab on the morning of the 10th anniversary of 9/11, but one of the staff easily waved one down while others stood on the street still attempting to hail one. But I really had to write because I dashed out of the hotel en route to the airport only to discover at the ticket counter that I'd left my wallet in the safe. Luckily, I had my license on me. From LGA, I immediately called the hotel; the nice person said that they would send it. When I tried to give him my FedEx acct. number, he said, "Oh, we usually just send things left behind on us." That was Sunday. Today is Tuesday, and I belatedly discovered that I'd also left an entire outfit hanging in the closet. Somehow, I didn't worry about it. And a few hours ago, the FedEx man showed up with a package that also contained my clothing. That's service! Thank you, Russell. I am recommending your hotel to everyone I know. P.S. I love the easy accessibility to SoHo, Tribeca, and the Financial district. The subway is 1/2 a block away, too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Glenview, IL
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here when dropping my daughter off to NYU dorm this summer. Very easy transportation available with 2 close by subway stops - you could reach many different NY sites with these 2 stops. Hotel was clean and we really appreciated the little refrigerator and in room coffee. We felt safe at night too. Easy walk to Greenwich Village and lots of good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LauraGlenview
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The hotel staff is very welcoming and accommodating. They are attentive to all your needs. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed and pillows. There was also a coffee maker and small fridge in the room. The hotel is located close to restaurants and within walking distance of NYU and Washington Square. The hotel price is reasonable by NY standards. We discovered a nearby eatery just a few blocks away called :"Hundred Acres" with the most delicious weekend brunches!!. We will definitely stay in this hotel again when we visit NY.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be best to be further away from street traffic noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lmarieg056
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff was great. The hotel is in a great location in soho. Got to stay on the top floor with a great view. And all the rooms have a in room safe big enough for your laptop free of charge. The only negative this I can say about the hotel was that I wish hotel resturant/bar was open a little more than it was. The rooms are a little small but hey it's New York every room in New York is small.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sugarwuzhere
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was in NYC dropping off my daughter at NYU, and I was forced to stay two more nights at the Courtyard Soho during the hurricane. To say the staff at this hotel is amazing is an understatement. I have lived down south for 22 years and we have our share of storms. Even though this did not turn out to be a major hurricane (like I am used to), hotels in southern Florida can learn a little something from this staff on how to handle emergencies. They did an incredible job!!! The way they secured the hotel, communicated to us…and to top it off, they were able to maintain Marriott’s excellent customer service. They even went out of there way to provide us with an Italian dinner on Saturday night. I now found my new home when in NYC!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank William A
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Waiting out hurricane irene at the soho courtyard and couldn't be in a better place right now!!! The staff is so over the top friendly and accommodating. Everything is so organized and there is plenty of communication in prepping us for an emergency situation. The hotel even organized dinner for all the hotel guests--- what a pleasant surprise considering almost everything is shut down in lower manhattan! Definitely always staying here on my future trips! Thank you soho courtyard!

• Stayed August 2011
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here for our one night in the big city. It was in a great location and the staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds comfy, but there was not enough room for a family of four to move around. However, I've heard that about a lot of NYC hotels. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family