“good for tourists, not good for new yorkers”
Review of Serra Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Serra Mediterranean Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Madison and 5th Ave.
New York City, New York
“good for tourists, not good for new yorkers”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is a good restaurant in kind of a weird neighborhood. Its attached to a hotel which one can guess makes up for most of its clientele. Surprisingly the food was VERY good and we really enjoyed our meal. One complaint was that the restaurant was practically empty and yet they still sat us (2 people) right next to another couple of two at one of those tables that are like 5 inches apart. It makes for an awkward dining experience when the restaurant is quiet and you can hear everything the couple next to you is saying.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Jessie S

Mestre, Italy
“Amazingly delicous”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have been visiting New York from Europe almost four times a year from Italy and I am always trying to explore best Italian food in New York which are thousands to choose from, but very costly. As I am doing at my visits, I took them to dinner to Serra Bistro. (I was recommended from my hotel concierge when I asked "good Italian pasta" although they had a restaurant next to their hotel). Absolutely amazing, my group loved it, most of them had fresh pasta, one of them had a Paella, cooked by order and I had the best Branzino, a local fish from Mediterranean, that I have eaten outside of Italy. And be sure, I travel almost half of the year to almost every continent !!!. The finish was impeccable with a light, very soft Tiramisu accompanied accompanied with a sweet wine, Marchesi Di Barolo. How I remember the name, that's the wine from the region that I was born ;-))

• Visited January 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“OVERRATED!”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband chose this restaurant for our anniversary celebration because we specifically wanted mediterranean. After reading reviews online, we decided to give it a try. The ambiance and food presentation were nice. However, both of our dishes were bland and my husband's chicken was dry. We definately won't be back.

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Traveling1_2010
Bolton England
“Loved the friendly welcome so much we returned the following night.”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This restaurant is quite new. The staff are absolutely wonderful and very attentive. I ate the duck both nights which was amazing. It's really top notch food but quite affordable. It must be good as on the first night we ate there they had a VIP from Cyprus eating there!
Great atmosphere and divine food.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Wow - what a great find!”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Together with friends we spent a weeks holiday in Manhattan and this place won hands down for our best restaurant. A great menu, attentive and efficent staff and great food. The Swiss Executive Chef was very happy to walk around and chat with guests after service. Nothing was too much trouble and the food was simply terrific - the price was also very reasonable considering the obvious quality of the food.

Well done to all the staff (especially the friendly and cheery bald headed chap who persuaded us to come in - so sorry we cannot recall your name!) - a very warm welcome, great service and very nice to hear them all say "Cheerio - see you again" on our departure.

Far superior to the nearby Artisanal eating place which we will never visit again as the service there (and value for money) was simply awful by comparison