“LATE!!! RUDE!!! AWFUL !!! GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Bike Rental Central Park
$32.00*
and up
Central Park Bike Tour with Live Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Bike Rental Central Park! We offer the most fun and exciting ways to experience Central Park. If you are looking for an hourly rental or an all day rental or Central Park Bike Tour we have what you are looking for! Our Rentals include Map, lock, basket and helmet at no extra charge. We are proud to offer Tour packages of your choice of Bike Rental with Double Decker Bus Tours, New York Water Tours, Woodburry Express, packaged with the Top Museums and attractions in NYC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Tour started 30 minutes late. Guide then left half the 30+ people in our tour at the very first stoplight with no directions on what to do next. Our group ended up driving into Central Park and luckily found the rest of our group and our guide. We then waited for about 10 more minutes for some stragglers to catch up. When informing the guide that our family had already scheduled and paid for another tour starting 60-minutes after that tour was scheduled to conclude and could not just "run late" on his tour, our guide simply drove away. When my wife tried to speak with him at our next tour stop, he tried to ride off again. When I requested that he call his office to inform them we would be returning immediately, he hollered obscenities at me in front of our child and said I was a "bad tourist."

After returning to the office there were more problems, as they would not return our money for the tour. After an extended confrontation our tour money was returned, but we had to pay for an hour bike rental in order to wrap up the conversation and make our next tour. Boo!!!

GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank JChmielewski

Reviewed April 30, 2012

2  Thank JChmielewski
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have travelled a lot and done bike tours all over the world and they have always been a highlight of my trip. This company has the worst customer service I have encountered in a long time. The staff is rude and arrogant. There are other bike tours companies in NYC that offer much better service - wish I had booked with them. Trip advisor did not allow me to give them zero stars so I reluctantly gave them one so I could post this review to warn others.

2  Thank latosmith
Reviewed April 28, 2012

SCAMMED AND LIED TO! DO NOT BOOK THIS COMPANY! We are 4 professional women who booked “Bike Rental Central Park” online (the Brooklyn Bridge Tour from 2pm-5pm, April 22, 2012) located at 348 W 57th St. On their website, they offer a full refund in the event of rain. On April 22, it was dark and overcast with heavy rain all afternoon, with gusts of winds from 35-40 miles per hour. Not only did this company refuse to issue us a refund, they lied, and were rude and belligerent to us.

On the morning of our tour, it was dark and raining constantly, and the afternoon forecast was for 100% chance of rain, with periods of heavy rain and winds up to 40 miles an hour. I called the company to verify that they were canceling the 2pm tour, and they said that they were not, and there were a total of 8 other people in our group who would be doing the tour. We advised that while we were prepared to go out in some light rain, we would not be going out if it got any worse, and I followed this up with an email. An hour before the tour, the weather was out of control with heavy rain and wind. I again called the company to verify that they would credit my visa, and was told that they were planning to go ahead with the tour. We were in total disbelief, and asked if the 8 others were prepared to go out, and was then told that there were no 8 others and he had been mistaken about the others. Total lies. All four of us have children at home, and strongly felt that it would be very dangerous to be biking in this weather, leaving aside the fact that we would be soaked and couldn’t see anything anyways!

For verification of the weather that afternoon, google “new york post weather april 22, 2012” for the headline (and photos) “Soaked! Atypical Weather Pattern Brings Heavy Rains to NYC”. Not only that, but the Mets vs. Giants game was washed out at 1:10pm that afternoon if anyone is in any doubt about the rain.

At this point, there was no manager on duty and the fellow on the phone was rude and bizarre, and essentially told us to shove off. We decided to deal with it on our return home. I called when home, and the Manager Kenneth (who would not give his last name or the owner’s name-never a good sign) told me he would look into it, and speak to the owner. He promised to return my call in 2 business days, No surprise, No call. On my second call, he said he would call me back in an hour, No call. On my third call, he kept me on hold for 7 minutes only to tell me that the owner would not give us a refund.

My experience is that the owner of a company will “do the right thing” if made aware that their customers were treated unfairly. Not in this case. WE WERE THOROUGHLY SCAMMED!! If you are the owner, can you honestly say that would have sent a family member out on that bike tour? Not only have you have stolen from four people, who would have recommended you to others had you just done the right thing, but you have done a disservice to your city, and the businesses in the your city. Tina Riley, Toronto (Notice how I provided my name!)

3  Thank RileyOnTheRun
Reviewed April 24, 2012

First off, we booked the tour because the bikes looked to be very good and the price with the online-booking discount was very good. What we found was the bikes were good and the park extremely beautiful and impressive. Unfortunately the tour guide seemed to think we were all there to see him and be entertained by his boring stories and questionable opinions rather than trying to educate us on the park and it's history. As nagoyafrog mentions, some of the stops were too long and he talks too much about things that are not important to many of the people on the tour. I saw many people laughing and rolling their eyes at some of the things he was saying because they were very off topic and not relevant. Once I learned to just tune him out and use the time he was speaking to take photos, I found I was enjoying myself a lot more. Overall, we did get to see most of what we wanted to in the park, it was just a shame that the tour guide was more of a hinderance than he was helpful and informative.