“Awesome Food!”

Neighborhood: Manhattan
Washington D.C.
“Awesome Food!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The quesadilla was amazing - who knew that a quesadilla could taste as good as it did? Also, the staff members were very friendly and they made a YouTube video about guacamole. This experience has changed the way I look at the humble quesadilla.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great Mexican food on the go.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place is a gem, situated near the subway, we found it easily, but it had a buzz about it, the food was really great, the tables were all full, which says something about the restaurant (apparently they have now opened in Lexington Ave- up town)

Visited June 2012
West Caldwell, New Jersey
“I'm glad I stumbled upon this place”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friend & I were walking around looking for a place to have lunch when I saw Dos Toros. The place is small, with a few tables & a section facing the street where you can people-watch while you eat. You order up front & take your food to your table. I had their tacos w/ carnitas & hibiscus lemonade. The carnitas were delicious - tender, moist, flavorful with some crispy/toasty bits. Their pico de gallo & guacamole were also very tasty. Their lemonade was refreshing & not too sweet. I also tried my friend's horchata. It was so good it reminded me of the horchata street stands in Mexico. This place is awesome.

• Visited June 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Fresh and Fun”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My friends and I decided to stop here for a quick dinner one evening and couldn't have been happier! I had the pollo asado plato and my friends both had pollo asado quesadillas. All the ingredients were fresh and tasted great! A few other pluses were the fast service and the sustainability that Dos Toros strives for.

• Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Underwhelmed...”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Dos Toros Taqueria was feaured in an episode of a local Australian TV show (MasterChef), where it received rave reviews from top Australian chefs and personalities in the food world.

My wife and I visited the Dos Toros on Lexington when we were in NYC on our honeymoon and we were very disappointed.

The service was average (rude and unhelfpul staff) and the food was underwhelming. There was very little meat in the burrito and it tasted like it had been in storage for days, all that we could taste were the beans and the hot sauce had no taste at all.

Perhaps we caught the venue on a bad day, but we would not be in a hurry to return next time we're in NYC.

• Visited April 2012