“I'm glad I stumbled upon this place”
Review of Dos Toros Taqueria

Dos Toros Taqueria
Ranked #1,499 of 14,015 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Fast Food
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friend & I were walking around looking for a place to have lunch when I saw Dos Toros. The place is small, with a few tables & a section facing the street where you can people-watch while you eat. You order up front & take your food to your table. I had their tacos w/ carnitas & hibiscus lemonade. The carnitas were delicious - tender, moist, flavorful with some crispy/toasty bits. Their pico de gallo & guacamole were also very tasty. Their lemonade was refreshing & not too sweet. I also tried my friend's horchata. It was so good it reminded me of the horchata street stands in Mexico. This place is awesome.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My friends and I decided to stop here for a quick dinner one evening and couldn't have been happier! I had the pollo asado plato and my friends both had pollo asado quesadillas. All the ingredients were fresh and tasted great! A few other pluses were the fast service and the sustainability that Dos Toros strives for.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Dos Toros Taqueria was feaured in an episode of a local Australian TV show (MasterChef), where it received rave reviews from top Australian chefs and personalities in the food world.

My wife and I visited the Dos Toros on Lexington when we were in NYC on our honeymoon and we were very disappointed.

The service was average (rude and unhelfpul staff) and the food was underwhelming. There was very little meat in the burrito and it tasted like it had been in storage for days, all that we could taste were the beans and the hot sauce had no taste at all.

Perhaps we caught the venue on a bad day, but we would not be in a hurry to return next time we're in NYC.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Although there are a couple of locations for this taqueria, we visited the branch on Lexington Avenue, not far from the Met Museum. We'd walked up and down looking for something quick for lunch, tripped over ex-mayor Guliani walking into a nearby upmarket Italian, and then having peered into various pizza bakeries, decided to try Dos Toros. Huge burritos, pretty much impossible to eat without spilling everywhere (and too big to finish), but full of good fresh stuff. We sat at the window and watched the world go by, and for around $12 got burrito and beer. Nice one.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I were craving some Mexican food on our last day in the City in March, so she busted out her TripAdvisor app which recommended Dos Toros. It was a little difficult to find, but once we did, I was pleasantly surprised by the food. You get a heaping portion for a fairly cheap price, and it's some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. Probably my only complaint was that it was a bit cramped on the inside, but that's a small complaint. Next time I'm in the City and have a craving for some good Mexican food, I'll definitely be back here.

1  Thank RA8507