“Even bad dancers have a great time!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
SOB's (Sounds of Brazil)
Ranked #221 of 878 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed May 21, 2015

Food was excellent, seated at a private table for two by the dance floor. The food was terrific and I drank their popular white sangria which was quite potent. The music was loud and exciting and shockingly, my boyfriend got up and danced with me all night. I've never done a samba before and it doesn't matter...the Latin ladies are an inspiration to watch but all is fun out there. It gets warm in the club so wear layers that you can peel off. Only negative was that I bought tickets for the show ahead of time and we didn't need to, given our food bill.

Reviewed April 27, 2015

The bouncer, Junior, is a great man he was so nice. The food was GREAT but the prices were a little on the high side to only have a little bit of food. We were done our food in about 5 minutes. The music they played that night was good old school, mixed, soca, hip hop, pop, contemporary but was WAAYYY to loud you can't even hear yourself think. The people were really nice and cheery, good time but not sure if I'll be back.

Reviewed January 18, 2015 via mobile

We had so much fun. Never once was our glass empty. Great service. Good was excellent. We at no time were rushed to leave. Spent three hours there. Quiet enough fir conversation but totally enjoyable.

1  Thank valerinanj
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try this place out of curiosity, best decision we made, food was very good entertainment fabulous, drinks delish ,and service was tops, can't wait to go back and dance some more Samba!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came here for Brunch for my friends 25th Birthday! Had the most amazing time. 3 courses + unlimited sangria + live music in NYC... that's basically unheard of for the price. My friends and I had an amazing time. I ordered the Frittata, which might be my new favorite dish. At one point my friends and I got up to dance samba when the band leader played happy birthday for my friends birthday.

Amazing Sunday afternoon! Great food, great service, great energy! Also amazing for groups!