“Great venue for this event...”
Review of Webster Hall

Webster Hall
Ranked #82 of 873 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: A lively, loud and frenetic dance club where you have a choice of four floors to try the latest steps.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We attended the East Ville Des Folies Beer & Whiskey Festival at Webster Hall on January 19, 2013. While we had read some less-than-flattering reviews about this space formerly owned by Al Capone, the venue was great for the event. Our understanding is that the Hall is typically frequented by a younger crowd (we are in our late forties). There are four floors with ample space, and the staff was genuinely friendly. It was dark inside, particularly on the lower floor, but isn't that what you want when you go to a club? It may have also been by design as the event was from 1:30 to 5:30, so it was quite bright outside. We would return for special events and enjoyed stepping back in time to see where one could allegedly imbibe during prohibition.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been too many clubs and the worst experience I had was with webster hall. First off, the club is ghetto, the staff is ghetto and rude. I paid for coat check and left my favorite jacket there. At the end of the night it went missing. That was a 400$ jacket!!!! Beware of Maria Lisa ( manager of coat check) she is shady, shady, SHADY! She promised me to give me a check of 150$ for my loss if they didn't find it. I signed some paper and I read it throughly saying that they will refund my money. I get a call from her saying she isn't refunding me anything cause my friend got kicked out. All I have to say don't leave your belongings at coat check that is of value. The staff will deff steal it! Unprofessional and rude. Worst experience EVER!

2  Thank Lizette L
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Saw a few concerts here, the most recent being Calexico. The concert was absolutely amazing! Great acoustics, neat old building. The drink special was coconut rum shots. Delicious! Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We bought our tickets ahead of time, but people were buying them at the door.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We seen my favorite band "Blue October" play here. It was an amazing show. Not too crowded and great acoustics. Very friendly staff. Shared bathrooms weere actually kinda cool and they sell candy in there haha!! I loved the atmosphere here and cannot wait to return!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

went there for my birthday and had an awesome time. The vibe and the different levels are fantastic. would love to go back